X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder problems

I am in rsp now, but ive had some problems with my shoulder. I dont want to tell anyone because im worried i will get a discharge. My shoulder is twitching and painful, and its been getting worse for the past few months, but im hoping to just keep it under wraps until after bct. The other thing im worried is that my shoulder will hurt way too much during basic. Should i tell them now and if i do will i still be able to do basic?

Re: Shoulder problems

You would rather tell them now than have to deal with X amount of weeks worth of B S at BCT before they say "thanks for trying" and send you home. If you're not capable of doing every day stuff without pain, you're going to be in a world of **** at Basic. Just the honest truth. It's way better for you to talk to your recruiter, tell him you're going to the doctor, and go get it checked out. Besides, if you hurt it at BCT, you'll have to sit in the broke-**** platoon at Reception for God-knows-how-long before you even get discharged. Like I said, deal with it now, there are too many reasons not to wait.

Comment

Re: Shoulder problems

Originally posted by apol View Post
      I am in rsp now, but ive had some problems with my shoulder. I dont want to tell anyone because im worried i will get a discharge. My shoulder is twitching and painful, and its been getting worse for the past few months, but im hoping to just keep it under wraps until after bct. The other thing im worried is that my shoulder will hurt way too much during basic. Should i tell them now and if i do will i still be able to do basic?
      Why is it even questionable? Not concerned about the RSP thing, but you need to see a Doctor. Could be something as simple as a pinched nerve, to as serious as a full-dislocation. And yes, you can move your arm with a dislocated shoulder. Twitching is a sign of a nerve being pinched or injured, such as a "reflex" of the nerve fiber being "tripped" it's also a sign of a slight, or full dislocation. If you can go into push-up position, hold for five minutes, do a push-up, and hold for five minutes after, it could just be a couple ripped muscles which will heal normally. If you can't, it can be a slight dislocation or full dislocation. And I"m not kidding.

If you have any "dip" shoulder to shoulder when you stand upright in a mirror, go the next open clinic.

Regardless, see a doctor.

Comment

Working...
      X