Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requirements for 1-1-1 test before BCT?

I was googling a lot and found a lot of people talking about the 1-1-1 test before BCT and I was wondering what the requirements were.

I think I will be good on sit ups and push ups but my run is slow.

I am 5'8" and I weight 125 lbs.

I run a mile from 11 - 12 minutes. I need to get this faster and I jog on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I still have a few months before I enlist.

Should I jog on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and sprint on tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays? Or would that mess up my legs?

Re: Requirements for 1-1-1 test before BCT?

I think it all depends on personal preference. I don't like to run everyday of the week. I do gym and weight workouts saturdays, mondays, tuesdays and thursdays, then run sunday wednesday and friday. I mix sprinting and running (I play basketball as my sprints Sundays and wednesdays, only do 1-2 mile runs those days). Best answer is find whats comfortable for you, and keep at it. Run longer than 2 miles though. Yea, the PT test is 2 miles long, but you want to be in better shape than just for a PT test.

Comment

Isn't there a test you have to do before BCT though? Do you have to be able to do the 2 miles then?

Comment

Go to runnersworld.com and look into their articles for beginner runners. A good runnng workout will have speed workouts, tempo runs, and long distance days mixed in (or hill or stais runs). I find it easier to pick a goal say 5k or 10k, find a race 10 to 15 weeks out, sign up for it, then start your training. As the Lt. said, stick to it and you will get better. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin.morgan View Post
          Isn't there a test you have to do before BCT though? Do you have to be able to do the 2 miles then?
          Before you ship out you must take the PT Assesment. It is one minute of pushups, one minute of situps, and a one mile run. For males the standards are 13 PU, 17 SU, and 8:30 on the one mile. For females it is 3/17/10:30.

Comment

Thanks HR NCO, that's what I was looking for. It shouldn't take me to long before I can get my mile down in time.

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin.morgan View Post
              Thanks HR NCO, that's what I was looking for. It shouldn't take me to long before I can get my mile down in time.
              If thats what you were looking for why didn't you originally ask that?

Your question: "Should I jog on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and sprint on tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays? Or would that mess up my legs?"

I answered that one lol. . You'll be fine either way Soldier, good luck

Comment

was the title then in the first sentence I specified. I guess it was more 2 questions than one.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                  Before you ship out you must take the PT Assesment. It is one minute of pushups, one minute of situps, and a one mile run. For males the standards are 13 PU, 17 SU, and 8:30 on the one mile. For females it is 3/17/10:30.

Do you happen to have the reg number for the 1:1:1 PT Assessment for reference?

Comment

Working...
                  X