X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for fast weight loss before MEPS

I'm heading to MEPS for the 6th time Wednesday, the first time I went I made weight and squeezed by but was unable to swear in because I did have my diploma yet and did not have proof of enrollment, last time I went I missed weight by 1% and was still unable to swear in, going again and I'm confident ill make it but would like to loose as much weight as possible before going in for weight again. Are there any quick tips I can use to loose that last few pounds in water or lose a few inches on the waist before MEPS (2 days)?

Re: Tips for fast weight loss before MEPS

Ryan,

I am encouraged by your overwhelming desire to enlist. Honestly, it is a testament to your patriotisim, character and seemingly obvious ability to overcome personal challenges. As true as that is, it is IMPERATIVE that you stick to your diet and exercise plnd loose enough weight where even 10 pounds or more won't be an issue. Certainly, there are a few old "tricks" that can help you "loose weight"....but our military standards aren't there to be fooled. They are there to allow us to induct qualified applicants. You WILL be starting your likely short lived career off on the absolutely wrong foot by simply trying to squeek by at the bare minimum standard. I encourage you to return to MEPS in a couple months after you've dropped an additional 10 pounds and increased your overall fitness even more. Frankly, I'm embarrassed that your RRNCO hasn't given you that advice already. That is my two cents. You can choose to ignore it, but you will do yourself, your unit and your country no favors by aiming for minimums. Many young soldiers who are negatively flagged for weight never are promoted past private, and languish out their enlistments until we bar them from reenlisting several years later. Good luck.

Comment

Ryan, after I replied, I wanted to look at previous posts you'd made. You lost over 100 pounds?! That's fantastic, and it proves my point. You DO HAVE the drive to do whatever needs to be done to succeed. Fantastic! Just go a little bit more, and keep doing whatever the heck you've been doing!! Great story.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
        Ryan, after I replied, I wanted to look at previous posts you'd made. You lost over 100 pounds?! That's fantastic, and it proves my point. You DO HAVE the drive to do whatever needs to be done to succeed. Fantastic! Just go a little bit more, and keep doing whatever the heck you've been doing!! Great story.
        While I thank you for the "compliment" I do intend to go for MEPS again this coming Wednesday. And as far as my weight goes, I'm also 6 foot 6 inches tall, one of the major issues is that I will never make weight, (218-230) is what i hear the requirement is, a fella at the MEPS office is taller than myself, very thin and he was telling me his story and that he was never able to make weight, it all came down to measuring out. I do not intend to pass with bare minimums every time, I have been working on my fitness and am improving, if I can at least pass my weigh in / tape coming up at MEPS then I can at least attend RSP, my plan is to be able to score a 100% on the 2-2-2 before shipping for basic, witch will more than likely be around 4-6 months from my swearing in. All I've ever been told is "You'll never make it", I intend to prove those people wrong, and rub it in their faces.

Comment

Way to go Ryan, keep working at it! The only thing I can suggest you try that doesn't involve drugs of any kind of a dangerous risk to your health might be doing a juice fast. And I'm not talking about grocery store juice. I'm talking about fresh juice from a juicer. They are expensive though and you are probably short on time, so if you can find some green juices and others that don't contain a lot of sugar at the grocery store (Naked brand comes to mind) then give that a try. Or see if you can find somewhere that does fresh juices like Jamba Juice or whatever that new Starbucks-owned juice shop is. Good luck at MEPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Solrider View Post
            Way to go Ryan, keep working at it! The only thing I can suggest you try that doesn't involve drugs of any kind of a dangerous risk to your health might be doing a juice fast. And I'm not talking about grocery store juice. I'm talking about fresh juice from a juicer. They are expensive though and you are probably short on time, so if you can find some green juices and others that don't contain a lot of sugar at the grocery store (Naked brand comes to mind) then give that a try. Or see if you can find somewhere that does fresh juices like Jamba Juice or whatever that new Starbucks-owned juice shop is. Good luck at MEPS!
            Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely take that into consideration.

Comment

Daily exercise or yoga is the best way to make our life healthy.
              It is a naturally and safest option for losing weight instead of taking any slimming pills and medicines I think.
              miami fat transfer
              Last edited by Ryan Ron; June 19th, 2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Ryan,

My name is Nick, and I'm in school right now to be a Personal Trainer, and I plan to enlist at the end of the Summer! I can tell you straight up that losing weight is all about calories in vs calories used. You can cut your calories by about 500 per day by eating less and moving more. A 3500 calories deficit is equal to losing 1 pound of body fat per week. It's all about your lifestyle, and if you're still struggling to make weight, you can reduce your fluid intake the day before you weigh in, but that will only help you lose 1-3 pounds and isn't recommended to do on a regular basis. Walking for 1 hour burns about 300 calories, while running for 30 minutes burns about 500. Good Luck!!!

-Nick

Comment

they say that one can safely lose 2 lbs a week with no problems. eat right, don't skip meals and keep running, you'll lose your 4 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan.S.Thomason View Post
                    I'm heading to MEPS for the 6th time Wednesday, the first time I went I made weight and squeezed by but was unable to swear in because I did have my diploma yet and did not have proof of enrollment, last time I went I missed weight by 1% and was still unable to swear in, going again and I'm confident ill make it but would like to loose as much weight as possible before going in for weight again. Are there any quick tips I can use to loose that last few pounds in water or lose a few inches on the waist before MEPS (2 days)?
                    I think you should change you lifestyle and always prefer for some good and effective diet plan. But try to strictly follow which plays some good role in your weight loss program.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvlink684
                      Take detox products. It is very effective for weight loss.
                      Can we get rid of this ad?

Poster is recommending detox products, with a link to a detox product sales site in his sig.

Comment

Working...
                      X