Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running out of time need some good tips fast please.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of time need some good tips fast please.

So I made a post over a month ago looking for some help involving my sit ups. A lot of people responded but it just seems like nothing is working for me.

This past weekend we had 1-1-1 at RSP. I got 47 Pushups, 6:15 mile...and 17 sit ups. I feel like I have been busting my *** for almost 2 months now trying to improve my sit ups and it seems to be going nowhere fast. Ive read everything there is to read online, tried every little workout routine there is to try. Seen a personal trainer at my gym nothing is helping. On the way back from meps I mentioned this to my recruiter and he said he would show me some workouts that would help my sit ups a lot. Well whenever he tried to show me some things to help, I couldnt do those things. Like decline sit ups with a weight behind my head. Regular sit ups with a weight behind my head. Sit ups without my feet anchored under anything. I couldnt do any of them. All I want is to find a routein or workout that I can do daily that I can see some improvements on.

I feel like im running out of time here. I have my 2nd and last RSP this month before I ship out in April and we have to do the 2-2-2 APFT test. There are some days I can get a little over 20 in a minute, and other days when im struggling to get just past 10.

Any input would be awesome. Also ive never had any kind of injury that would mess with my ability to do sit ups but im seriously thinking about going to see a doctor to maybe see if there is something wrong physically.

Re: Running out of time need some good tips fast please.

What is your age? You need 36 (50 percentile to pass)?

Lets say you need 40. Do not worry about time but worry about just doing 40 good situps. I do not care if it takes 15 minutes to do it but just do it. Do it two times a day. In the morning and before you go to bed. Can you try that for two weeks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdZ8Z...S|b|5047181064 <--have fun and dont stress yourself out!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpacks...?v=GJHDRlepMTM
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; February 29th, 2012, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
      What is your age? You need 36 (50 percentile to pass)?

Lets say you need 40. Do not worry about time but worry about just doing 40 good situps. I do not care if it takes 15 minutes to do it but just do it. Do it two times a day. In the morning and before you go to bed. Can you try that for two weeks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdZ8Z...S|b|5047181064 <--have fun and dont stress yourself out!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpacks...?v=GJHDRlepMTM
      I'm thinking that his issue is more due to form than anything else. His run time indicates that he is probably not overweight. When you're doing your sit ups for the purposes of the APFT you want to use zero energy on the drop and try to capture as much bounce as you can so coming back up isn't nearly as straining.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
        I'm thinking that his issue is more due to form than anything else. His run time indicates that he is probably not overweight. When you're doing your sit ups for the purposes of the APFT you want to use zero energy on the drop and try to capture as much bounce as you can so coming back up isn't nearly as straining.
        Im 5'8 145.

My Cadre on Saturday was telling me to do this, falling back and bouncing back up. But if anything I felt like that messed me up more then anything. I felt I was using all my energy trying to bounch back up and not breathing right at all. I was give out by about 45 seconds. Frustrated when I got home that afternoon I knocked out 25 sit ups(with a few second breaks) because I knew I could at least get 20 that day. Getting 17 pissed me off.

im just very frustrated. I would understand if I felt out of shape or overweight. Its just these sit ups.

Since my next RSP is a little over 2 weeks away and we have the 2-2-2 im going to start this little program tomorrow and see what happens. Think its a good idea?

http://www.military.com/military-fit...-days-from-pft

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
          He???? I saw Carolina and I thought it was an hispanic female. But now that I see 47 pushups and 6:15mile; yea, sounds more like a male

The zero energy drop is paramount.

Carol, you have a weak core and you need to really do other exercises for it than just sit-ups.

Comment

Remember what I said in the other post you have to work your lower back and hip flexor muscles because thats what sit ups work.

Comment

And for issues like these, you really need to be face to face with the person so you can see what the flaws are and to push the individual as well. OP is already engaging people so they should be helping him more than us.

Comment

Im 20. where do you get 36 from though? Its like 47 for a 50% and 53 for 60%

36 is a 50% for the push ups though correct? That isint going to be a problem at all.

Comment

Over a month ago when I started really working on my core and sit ups I realized that I had a ton of time for improvement. Now im down to just over a month and im nowhere near where I need to be. I think tomorrow im going to start this little program http://www.military.com/military-fit...-days-from-pft What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina4eva View Post
                    Im 20. where do you get 36 from though? Its like 47 for a 50% and 53 for 60%

36 is a 50% for the push ups though correct? That isint going to be a problem at all.
                    I thought you were a woman and was looking at their scale.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Comment

5 foot 8 145lbs

Comment

do 4 count leg lifts on the ground and if you are a member of a gym - captains chair leg lifts/knee raises. strengthen the core and hip flexors.

Comment

When you train for this, have no angle in your legs. Your ankles should be so close to you that you can sit on them. The back of your ankles should be touching your gluteus maximus and you should go ALL the way forward. Do them with a weighted vest. Lower yourself down slowly for each rep.

Then, when it comes PT test time, make sure you get the FULL ninety degree in your knees. the further your feet are out, the better. Pin your chin to your chest. It's glued there. Drop down, but you only have to drop until your shoulder blades touch the mat, NOT your head. That's nonsense. As soon as they touch, spring back up the bare minimum to break the plane.

Consider it like racing..... why drive around the outside of the track when you can get faster by taking the inside corners. Maximize your strength so you can handle the full course, but when in the race, run it as effeciently as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                            He???? I saw Carolina and I thought it was an hispanic female. But now that I see 47 pushups and 6:15mile; yea, sounds more like a male

The zero energy drop is paramount.

Carol, you have a weak core and you need to really do other exercises for it than just sit-ups.
                            I wish. It's always something rewarding when you can provide a decent looking woman with "hands on" help at the gym.

Comment

Working...
                            X