Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with pushups

Hello everyone,
    I am a 33 yr old married mother of 5 children, shipping to basic in about 30 days. Up until just recently I was not able to even do 1 pushup. I am proud to say that now I am able to accomplish
    4 sets of 7. I am still some what worried that I will not be able to keep up at basic training. Unfortunately I have drill this week, which was just sprung on me Tuesday. I will have my first PT test this weekend and my concern is that I will not do well only becasue of pushups. can someone please help out with some tips on getting stronger, I know just keep doing them is key, which is what I have been doing till now, but I would really like to be able to do at least 2 to 3 sets of 15 or 20 in a min.

Thank you
    PFC Duncan

Re: Help with pushups

Ahhh the Duncan curse! PT! (kidding of course).

If you have drill this weekend, there is nothing you can do to make dramatic improvements for that drill. Do push ups and lots of them. When you can do no more, go to your knees and do them that way, when you can do no more take a rest and repeat. Set out with a goal to do 100 push ups. By any means neccessary.

Do this for a few days. Personally, my strategy is to rest from all PT for about 4 days prior to a PT test and it seems to help me, but every body is different (space intended).

If you show up to basic and you're behind the curve, it will be noted and you'll be brought up to speed. Worry about getting there. They'll take care of the rest. Be in as best shape as you can be, but if you're lacking you'll eventually get stronger there.

LT Duncan

Comment

Working...
    X