X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about fitness requirements to go to MEPS

i just recently measured myself and my body fat percentage came in at exactly 26% body fat. My recruiter told me that was the goal to go to MEPS but I was also wondering if there is another fitness requirement as well, such as the 1-1-1 (1 mile, 1 minute sit-ups / push-ups), is that a requirement to go to MEPS, or to RSP?

Re: Question about fitness requirements to go to MEPS

Just expect a full physical at MEPS. Nothing else is required. Somebody else can chime in about RSP.

Comment

It's something ridiculously easy like 13 pushups, 15 situps, and a one mile below 8:30. It's usually the run that keeps people from shipping to basic. I've seen people totally transform in basic into phenoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan.S.Thomason View Post
        i just recently measured myself and my body fat percentage came in at exactly 26% body fat. My recruiter told me that was the goal to go to MEPS but I was also wondering if there is another fitness requirement as well, such as the 1-1-1 (1 mile, 1 minute sit-ups / push-ups), is that a requirement to go to MEPS, or to RSP?
        Unless things have changed, you don't have a fitness test at MEPS.

Once you get to RSP, you'll start seeing fitness tests.

Comment

So what happens if you toto Meps over the required weight or your physical fitness is a little under standards?

Comment

If you are over your max weight they will tape you for body fat %. If you pass that you are fine. If you are over your max % then you will have to wait 1 week for every 2 pounds over your max weight you are. So if, you are 12 pounds over weight you will have to wait 6 weeks before you can go back to MEPS again to be reweighed or taped.

Comment

All I can say is that hard work and dedication will always work. Just got back from MEPS with an official weight of 266, and a body fat percentage of 20%. I passed and am now officially PVT. Thomason. Feels great.

Comment

Congrats! The fun has just begun....

Comment

official weight of 266, and a body fat percentage of 20%.
                  How tall are you?

Comment

Congrats...

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                      How tall are you?
                      I was thinking the exact same thing

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                        How tall are you?
                        6 foot 5 inches, when i stand up straight lol.

Comment

What else do they check out besides body fat when goin for your MEPS. I'm nervous about going to it.

Comment

Originally posted by evil316 View Post
                            What else do they check out besides body fat when goin for your MEPS. I'm nervous about going to it.
                            Have you ever had a complete physical before? If not, you can expect to get checked for everything: eyes, ears, extremities, posture, blood pressure, lungs...etc. If you'd really like to get an idea of what kind of medical issues can disqualify you, I would recommend the DoDI 6130.03, Medical Standards for Appointment, Enlistment, or Induction in the Military Services (you can find it online). However, this is probably more information than you're looking for.

Also, nn most cases, you'll take the ASVAB test in the same trip: http://bit.ly/Ln4WHh.

Comment

All I can say is that hard work and dedication will always work. Just got back from MEPS with an official weight of 266, and a body fat percentage of 20%. I passed and am now officially PVT. Thomason. Feels great.

You are a freak of nature Thomason. After you read this, get down and do some pushups! Nice work with the massive weight loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X