Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help making weight

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need help making weight

    I'm 26 and I need to lose either 50 lbs of 6in. around my waist. I've been deiting trying to limit my calories to 1200 max, plus I've been working out 3-4 hours a day doing atleast 35-40 min. twice a aday on an elliptical coupled with some upper body lifting mainly back, chest and triceps. does anyone have any advice to help me get to weight or advice on other strength excerises I can do that will help. Any advice would be extremly helpful.

    Thanks Kentucky

  • #2
    Re: Need help making weight

    Originally posted by kentucky View Post
    I'm 26 and I need to lose either 50 lbs of 6in. around my waist. I've been deiting trying to limit my calories to 1200 max, plus I've been working out 3-4 hours a day doing atleast 35-40 min. twice a aday on an elliptical coupled with some upper body lifting mainly back, chest and triceps. does anyone have any advice to help me get to weight or advice on other strength excerises I can do that will help. Any advice would be extremly helpful.

    Thanks Kentucky
    What your doing is good however since you need to lose 50 pounds I would recommend at least for now you cut out the weight lifting because while yes it is turning fat into muscle you won't burn calories that way. Keep doing the eliptical, run outside and/or use the treadmill, hit the stairmaster, and just in your everyday life walk as much as you can ( take the stair not the elevator ). For your diet drink more milk and take in more calcium because calcium doesn't let fat settle in the body so that will help.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Need help making weight

      Just stick with a reasonable calorie intake but eat 4 to 6 times a day for increased metabolism, continued cardiovascular training, and patience.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Need help making weight

        Thanks for the advice, but I hvae been drinking milk, and I change up my cardio workout between the elliptical and the treadmill, plus my lifting is more maintain then gaining muscle, the problem is that I've been doing this for over a month and haven't seen any results. I haven't lost a pound or an inch in measurments. So my question is am I doing something wrong or is there something more that I need to be doing?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Need help making weight

          Originally posted by kentucky View Post
          Thanks for the advice, but I hvae been drinking milk, and I change up my cardio workout between the elliptical and the treadmill, plus my lifting is more maintain then gaining muscle, the problem is that I've been doing this for over a month and haven't seen any results. I haven't lost a pound or an inch in measurments. So my question is am I doing something wrong or is there something more that I need to be doing?
          How much bread do you eat? Carbs could be whats doing it also if you can try and find out what your body fat percentage is.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Need help making weight

            Google search the paleo diet.

            Then, do cardio. problem solved.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Need help making weight

              Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
              What your doing is good however since you need to lose 50 pounds I would recommend at least for now you cut out the weight lifting because while yes it is turning fat into muscle you won't burn calories that way. Keep doing the eliptical, run outside and/or use the treadmill, hit the stairmaster, and just in your everyday life walk as much as you can ( take the stair not the elevator ). For your diet drink more milk and take in more calcium because calcium doesn't let fat settle in the body so that will help.
              The broscience is strong with this one.


              A weightlifting program will help you burn calories. Lifting boosts metabolism long after you leave the gym. All you need is a 3-day a week full body program and cardio your *** 6-7 days a week and you will be good to go. HIIT (google it if need be) is a great way to help accelerate fat loss. You can do it on a bike if your joints need a break as well.

              Also, fat doesn't turn into muscle or vice versa. They are mutally exclusive. Also, there may be some literature linking calcium and fat loss, you can eat all the calcium in the world and gain weight if eating a caloric surplus.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Need help making weight

                Cut the weight lifting an do cardio.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Need help making weight

                  Originally posted by laxer32 View Post
                  The broscience is strong with this one.


                  A weightlifting program will help you burn calories. Lifting boosts metabolism long after you leave the gym. All you need is a 3-day a week full body program and cardio your *** 6-7 days a week and you will be good to go. HIIT (google it if need be) is a great way to help accelerate fat loss. You can do it on a bike if your joints need a break as well.

                  Also, fat doesn't turn into muscle or vice versa. They are mutally exclusive. Also, there may be some literature linking calcium and fat loss, you can eat all the calcium in the world and gain weight if eating a caloric surplus.
                  If he lifts weights thats going to lead to him weighing more which isn't going to help him lose the 50 pounds he is trying to get rid of. Muscle does weigh more than fat anyway. He should just focus on cardio for now and when he gets to a weight he needs to be at than he can look at lifting weights until than he should just focus on cardio. I also didn't say that he should consume a tremendous amount of calcium but should take in more and drink more milk instead of soda that contains HFCS and Aspartame.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X