Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

"Valley Fever"

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Valley Fever"

    It’s been a rough couple of months medically for me. I missed November drill due to what the doctors thought was Strep Throat and then Pneumonia… Blood test, 3 chest X-rays, and a CT Scan later, looks like that was not the case.

    They had it boiled down to two things: Lung Cancer or Valley fever… (It is “Valley Fever”)… The CT Scan found 4 nodules around 4.1mm in upper and lower chamber of my lung. Apparently I have disseminated Valley Fever and it has spread through my body. We are trying medication first to knock it out before exploring other options.

    There is still considerable disease present in my lungs causing tendinitis and fatigue. My Pulmonologist thinks I need to document my “Valley Fever” and I don’t know how to move forward. Looks like I could have contracted the spore during drill as there are most times a 21 day incubation period for the type I have. My first symptoms occurred about 3 weeks after our October drill. I only come to the valley for drill and it is in the middle of the endemic zone.

    Question: How would you go about getting this documented?

    I have civilian insurance and not Tri Care. Can I still see a Military Doctor and bring my file?