Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Surprise Drill Weekend tomorrow, and I Pushed Muscles to Failure on Wednesday, Help! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise Drill Weekend tomorrow, and I Pushed Muscles to Failure on Wednesday, Help!

I was informed by my recruiter on Monday this week than instead of attending normal drill this weekend, I was to do a 3-day FOCS seminar at the end of the month. Because of that, I ramped up my workouts, and trained my muscles to failure on Wednesday anticipating time to recover. On Thursday morning my POC for FOCS called to inform me that the seminar was only for candidates who did not already have a spot locked down, and told me to go to drill this weekend.

Oops.

I have a bunch of bananas and a gallon of water. I still have lingering burnout in my abs, pecs, delts and biceps. Does anyone have any ideas on how to work the strain out? Should I hit the gym today, or skip? I skipped yesterday and felt bad about it...

Extra info 24/f, apft 230, bmi 31%

Re: Surprise Drill Weekend tomorrow, and I Pushed Muscles to Failure on Wednesday, He

Stretch, Drink water, and Motrin.. Dont worry, you will be fine. Just do your best and your mind will accomplish more than your body ever will. Always keep a positive attitude and push through the hard stuff.

Comment

Re: Surprise Drill Weekend tomorrow, and I Pushed Muscles to Failure on Wednesday, He

Are you having a PT test on Saturday or just concerned about physical training for that day? If it is just training; do not worry and follow Phantom's advice. As you know, when soldiers have a PT test; the day before that is developmental stretching and an upper body workout (usually to muscle failure) the day before that. So if you worked out hard on Wednesday; you should be fully recovered by Saturday.

Stay at it.

Comment

Working...
      X