X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting a Running training plan

So, i've lost over 100 LBs and im serious about joining the guard. I ran for the first time in 9 years today and got my rear kicked over a 2 mile distance. I'm turning 20 in february and need to be able to pass the APFT. My sit ups are good and my pushups maybe able to get me to RSP but my running is horrible. If anyone can assist me in increasing my performance over a verry short period of time that would be amazing. Right now im able to do 35 sit ups in a minute and around 20 pushups in a minute, I timed my run today, and well, im not even going to say what it was, it's embarrassing. Any advice would be awsome! Take not that I have nothing to exercise with.

Re: Requesting a Running training plan

Look up couch to 5k it's a program to help you run 3 miles and works really well and do push ups and sit ups every day and do max sets and u will see improvement.

Comment

It takes time to get endurance no easy way out and if u try to cheat you will get hurt.

Comment

First of all congratulations on the weight loss. Second, put the watch down. You are just starting out and should not be concerned about how fast you are running. Instead, Run for as long as you can and as far as you can not as fast as you can. You need to get your body used to running. If you start off doing to much too quickly you are going to get hurt - such as shin splints. Once you get used to running you can start adding interval runs which will help your run times. But, just get your body uaed to running before doing them. Also, make sure you are giving yourself days off from running or else you will risk injury.
        I am not a medical professional or trainer this is just my two cents and coming from my own experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
          First of all congratulations on the weight loss. Second, put the watch down. You are just starting out and should not be concerned about how fast you are running. Instead, Run for as long as you can and as far as you can not as fast as you can. You need to get your body used to running. If you start off doing to much too quickly you are going to get hurt - such as shin splints. Once you get used to running you can start adding interval runs which will help your run times. But, just get your body uaed to running before doing them. Also, make sure you are giving yourself days off from running or else you will risk injury.
          I am not a medical professional or trainer this is just my two cents and coming from my own experiences.
          I wish I had thought it through before running, I'm sore as can be all over my lower half. I spoke with a recruiter today and he basicly said the same thing you just did. He's wanting me to do 100m win sprints every other day. He gave me a work out plan but it seems a little advanced. Says I should be able to lose the last 4% body fat by next month if I realy push myself. Should I just plan out a 1 mile run route and do sprint / fast walk intervals every so many meters?

Comment

Pick a distance you want to run and then look at any number of the running websites. Most will give free basic training programs for beginner runners. Generally, a distance run, a tempo run, and a speed run, with cross training on off days.

I used one to train for a 1/2 marathron and I will shortly use one to train for a full marathon. Good luck.

Comment

I personally think having any sprinting when you are first starting out is not good but there are some other people on here that have so much knowledge that can add their thoughts.
              Last edited by robinpugs06; January 4th, 2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X