X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my boots hurt my ankle

i got my gi boot. they were a good fit, i broke them in, the problem is that they are hurting my ankle so bad that i can't stand to walk in them. i have relaced them 3 time yet they are still hurting. i don't know what to do!

Re: my boots hurt my ankle

Did you get your boots through RSP?

Take a look at your NCO's and see what they wear. I'm not a fan of issued boots myself, so I got Blackhawk boots. Rather pricey, but well worth it.

As around, try a bunch on and see what works for you.

Comment

thanks sargent.
      what is the price range on this boots and can i get them at the px?

Comment

You're looking at about $135 for a pair.

There are similar boots in the PX. If you go to a larger base, you can usually find a Brigade Quartermaster or an U.S. Cavalry on base or just outside the gate.

You'll just have to shop around and see what works for you. You may have Shrek feet or narrow kid's feet - your mileage may vary.

Comment

I think my boots were around $135.

They have similar boots in the PX, namely Military Clothing Sales. If you are on a larger base, you can usually find a Brigade Quartermaster or U.S. Cav store that may have different kinds of boots than those found in the PX.

You'll just have to shop around and see what works for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Emu View Post
            You'll just have to shop around and see what works for you!
            This,

I have two different pairs/brands of boots a light pair of New Balance for everyday stuff and a heavier pair of Danners for rucks, dismounted patrols, etc. The Danners are heavier but provide more ankle support, the NB allow for more movement and comfort. It took me going through two other brands of boots to find what worked best for me.

Comment

Problem with boots are that they're expensive and you won't really know if they're great or not until they're broken in. It's a gamble.

Comment

Working...
              X