X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Armor boots.

I have seen the desert color Under Armor boots listed in Galls and was wondering if these are authorized to wear? I have heard conflicting answers.

Re: Under Armor boots.

If they are the ones with the big under armor symbol on the side, then no, they are not authorized. You can't have big logos like that. If they didn't have that on the side, I wouldn't see any other issue with them.

Comment

I found this thread funny on this forum due to "geardo" newbies wanting to get high-speed gear.

http://armyforums.com/general-army-d...html#post62113

Comment

Yeah that thread was good. And yes there is a logo on the side. I just looked it up at Galls.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	e08d887423fc237d796cdf70cfb01c6e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	356

Comment

The toe logo....you could probably skate by for a while. But that side one is huge....in Underarmor's typical style. Just put a strip of duct tape over it like they do for reality TV shows.

On the subject, soldiers have gotten away with Camelbak gear for years (although your boots are worn 100% of the time). And not all of their products are like that.
          Last edited by SteveLord; August 13th, 2012, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Through my civilian job, I was issued the 8" 5.11 Tactical Coyote boot. When I reported to my RSP NCO during the transfer from my recruiter to RSP she took a look at them and told me I could use them instead of issuing me boots (which she seemed relieved about). They are really comfortable and didn't require any serious break-in (that I noticed) and they're nice for walking around in for long periods of time. Though I haven't done a ruck march in them, I think they would be able to handle it fine.

Comment

Working...
            X