Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIKE SFB allowed for Air Assault School???

Has anyone recently been to air assult school and worn the Nike SFB's. I have been rucking in them to prepare for the 6 and 12 mile rucks at aas and they are like wearing running shoes and provide good cushion adn decent support. I am attending the school at Camp Edwards at the end of August and cannot find a defintive answer anywhere if they are allowed. I have read some reviews saying yes (had a buddy who just wore then at Ranger School as well) and others saying only issued boots with a "well defined" heel. Anyone have any thoughts or experience wearing these boots at aas. If not I want to get a good pair pair of other boots to wear. Any suggestions on that front as well?

Re: NIKE SFB allowed for Air Assault School???

Originally posted by citdrum2 View Post
    Has anyone recently been to air assult school and worn the Nike SFB's. I have been rucking in them to prepare for the 6 and 12 mile rucks at aas and they are like wearing running shoes and provide good cushion adn decent support. I am attending the school at Camp Edwards at the end of August and cannot find a defintive answer anywhere if they are allowed. I have read some reviews saying yes (had a buddy who just wore then at Ranger School as well) and others saying only issued boots with a "well defined" heel. Anyone have any thoughts or experience wearing these boots at aas. If not I want to get a good pair pair of other boots to wear. Any suggestions on that front as well?
    Sir, I don't think it really mattered to them... When I went through which was last year, they just wamade sure the boots were the right height and that you had the proper packing list. I wore my Oakleys every day, and wore BlackHawks for the road marches. No one said anything to me about wearing "issued boots". Best school I've ever gone to though, loved rappeling out of the Helicopter. I went in Oregon

Comment

Hey man, I foregt where I read it. But I'm pretty sure the Nike SFBs are good to go. I bought mine just a couple weeks ago. I too am attending the school starting on Monday (20AUG). Are you from MA or out of state?

Comment

I was looking at these on Amazon. They only come in black or drab green? Thought everything was tan now? Sorry, been away for 12 years and just cam back in. So much has changed.

Comment

They come in tan too.

Comment

Originally posted by j.stetzer View Post
            They come in tan too.
            Outstanding. I will have to look around then.

Comment

You can use them at AAS. I used my good trusty issued Belleville 390's when I went in 2009. I wish I would have had a pair of SFB's! Best boots I have ever owned by far.

Comment

Working...
              X