X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakley LSA Terrain Boot

Anyone think these will raise an "eyebrow" in garrison? Authorized for wear?

Re: Oakley LSA Terrain Boot

According to Army Regulation 670-1 and All Army Action messages, authorized boots must be between eight and 10 inches in height, made of tan, rough side out, cattle hide leather, with a plain toe and a soling system similar in color to the tan upper materials.
    Other leathers, such as pigskin, are not authorized. Cattle hide leather is more durable, and provides better performance in combat over pigskin. Some companies sell "Warrior Leather" which is a common-use name for pigskin leather.
    The soling materials cannot exceed two inches in height when measured from the bottom of the outsole and cannot extend up the back of the heel of the boot or over the top of the toe. Outsoles should be made of rubber or polyether polyurethane. These are the only outsole materials that currently meet the need for durability and traction on surfaces in multiple environments and temperature ranges. Other materials, which may be of a lighter weight, do not meet Soldiers’ performance standards.
    The exterior of the upper boot cannot contain mesh but must be constructed of all leather or a combination of leather and non-mesh fabric.
    Boots with metal or plastic cleats in the bottom of the soles and sewn-in or laced-in zippers or Velcro inserts are not authorized.

Comment

It does have pig suede.

I probably would. But this is a former E4 talking. I had the luxury of playing dumb.

Comment

I seen AD soldiers wear them and I have worn the Oakley boots in garrison purchased from the standardissue website. Now I am wearing the Vibram boots here in Afghanistan and dreading the day I have to go back to the boots you depicted.

Comment

Top part looks a bit funky and may have people check the regs... But to be honest I'm not sure. Where'd you find them? Normally Oakley will say if they ate authorized or not

Comment

I don't have my 670-1 handy, but Im pretty sure you have to have at least 8 eyelets also.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
              I don't have my 670-1 handy, but Im pretty sure you have to have at least 8 eyelets also.
              Based on how ACU pants are bloused, I doubt anyone is going to be counting.

Comment

I don't think they're authorized. Whether or not anyone will say anything is a different story though. The army requires boots to be between 8 and 10 inches high and the LSA terrain boots are 6. They may give the appearance that your pants are bloused too low as well.

Comment

Working...
                X