• Show
Clear All

• Condor ALPHA Jacket

Click image for larger version

Name:	40043e69249ba0a1c50147e52c5515a8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	391

The Condor ALPHA fleece tactical jacket. I have the Coyote tan (pictured above) and stake my reputation on this bad boy. Why this isn't standard U.S. Army issue I don't know. They even come in Army green (pictured below)!

Click image for larger version

Name:	94c4282b09aa6f18f859ad512f5e5af2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	392

Re: Condor ALPHA Jacket

It isn't Army issue because it isn't Berry Compliant -- a loose equivalent that is issued is the Gen III Level 5 ECWCS soft shell jacket, which is pretty nice to have when you aren't in a static protection but want more wind/rain resistance than the regular ACU blouse offers.

Comment

At least you get the tan fleece when you go to Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
        What? When did this start happening?

Comment

Originally posted by ack202 View Post
          What? When did this start happening?
          Not exactly tan but it is one that matches your multicam. Fuelers, water purification, and some other MOS get a lighter, actually tan, heavier fleece.

Comment

Originally posted by DocBach View Post
            It isn't Army issue because it isn't Berry Compliant -- a loose equivalent that is issued is the Gen III Level 5 ECWCS soft shell jacket, which is pretty nice to have when you aren't in a static protection but want more wind/rain resistance than the regular ACU blouse offers.
            I have a Gen III Level 5 ECWCS. Other than being very lightweight and easy to pack it doesn't hold a candle to the Condor tactical jacket. To add insult to injury, I only paid $46 for my Condor. My statement, though, about not being Army issue was more of a rhetorical statement. There's a lot of gear out there that is Berry noncompliant, my main preference being for certain boots that are ten times more comfortable than Army issue. The only Berry compliant soft shell tactical jackets I could find that would be more my taste is the WT Soft shell but it's a $219 jacket. The Smith and Wesson soft shell tactical jacket is $179.

Propper actually makes a nice soft shell for $109, which is actually a better quality (the best for the price) Berry compliant jacket but I can't find a store that sells them anywhere in Alabama. The Navy Construction Battalion Center in Gulfport, MS issues Propper's steel toe boots for AIT. Their steel toes are bulletproof and very comfortable compared to the standard boots they issue at BCT.
            Last edited by VICEROY06; March 18th, 2013, 09:37 AM.

Comment

CORRECTION:

Navy Construction Battalion Center (NCBC) issues Belleview boots not Propper.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                They didn't make you turn it in? We are headed back soon and were told that the fleece would be turned in.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                  I have a Gen III Level 5 ECWCS. Other than being very lightweight and easy to pack it doesn't hold a candle to the Condor tactical jacket. To add insult to injury, I only paid $46 for my Condor. My statement, though, about not being Army issue was more of a rhetorical statement. There's a lot of gear out there that is Berry noncompliant, my main preference being for certain boots that are ten times more comfortable than Army issue. The only Berry compliant soft shell tactical jackets I could find that would be more my taste is the WT Soft shell but it's a $219 jacket. The Smith and Wesson soft shell tactical jacket is $179.

Propper actually makes a nice soft shell for $109, which is actually a better quality (the best for the price) Berry compliant jacket but I can't find a store that sells them anywhere in Alabama. The Navy Construction Battalion Center in Gulfport, MS issues Propper's steel toe boots for AIT. Their steel toes are bulletproof and very comfortable compared to the standard boots they issue at BCT.
                  Fun fact: My issued level 5 softshell is made by Propper, too.

TAD Gear and Arc'teryx make some snazzy looking jackets that work pretty well, too. In fact, the Condor jacket is a Chinese copy of the TAD jacket. The downside to a lot of the heavier jackets, though, is that they are so insulating conducting movements and operations while wearing them would make you overheat.

Comment

Originally posted by DocBach View Post
                    Fun fact: My issued level 5 softshell is made by Propper, too.

TAD Gear and Arc'teryx make some snazzy looking jackets that work pretty well, too. In fact, the Condor jacket is a Chinese copy of the TAD jacket. The downside to a lot of the heavier jackets, though, is that they are so insulating conducting movements and operations while wearing them would make you overheat.
                    Have you SEEN how much Arc'teryx jackets cost????? Between $179 to $879. Ummmm, I'll wait for the Big Army to issue me anything from them. Yes, I've seen the TAD gear soft shell. And the issue of Chinese knock-offs has been of US concern to the point where they are investigating cyberspace. There is concern from the commercial diaspora that Chinese businesses have stolen ideas from American companies in order to make knock-offs and sell them back to the U.S. in conjunction with manipulating their currency it delivers a one-two punch to the trade market--Stealing American ingenuity, copying and selling our own ideas back to us as a cheaper product.

I can understand how so many people in the military diaspora loathe this situation. But it makes me wonder why such a well equipped store such as the one I bought my jacket from would carry such gear if 95% of their inventory is literally Armed Forces issue gear? So, I'll wear my Condor as a civilian and when I order my Propper soft shell I'll wear it in uniform.

Comment

Working...
                    X