X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasses

Just out of curiosity, what kind of glasses are being distributed for bct? They got rid of the old, big framed glasses. Are the ones now like safety glasses?

Re: Glasses

Originally posted by Guyer View Post
    They got rid of the old, big framed glasses.
    When did that happen? I saw some kids just a couple months ago sporting the BCGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
      When did that happen? I saw some kids just a couple months ago sporting the BCGs.
      Late 2011. The BCG's now look like regular prescription glasses from this century.

However, I wear Oakley Beringer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	f3e168fa01575d2e67e6338b3ea28375.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	393

Comment

I'm new to this site.How do I create my own thread for a question that I have to ask?

Comment

Go to the appropriate forum section and look for the +POST NEW THREAD button in the upper left. It looks similar to the +REPLY TO THREAD button below here.

Comment

I read about this last year and was kind of sad to see the BCGs go! These look trendier, but not nearly as durable.

New 5a frame

Comment

I was issued these last year before I deployed. Also, the same brown frame with tint and then I had the stylish thin black frames. High speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                I was issued these last year before I deployed. Also, the same brown frame with tint and then I had the stylish thin black frames. High speed.

Can I get those in "Asian fit"? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                  Can I get those in "Asian fit"? Thanks.
                  Like these?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/frankenstein/334105433/

Comment

I have seen the glasses that look like the safety glasses. Do they issue glasses like that?

Comment

When I was in Basic, those that needed prescription eye-wear were issued the new BCGs, and everyone was issued ESS Eyepro to wear.
                      We had to have the Eyepro (short for "eye protection") on anytime we were training, and they had prescription inserts for those that needed it. Those may be the "safety glasses" that you saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta7 View Post
                        When I was in Basic, those that needed prescription eye-wear were issued the new BCGs, and everyone was issued ESS Eyepro to wear.
                        We had to have the Eyepro (short for "eye protection") on anytime we were training, and they had prescription inserts for those that needed it. Those may be the "safety glasses" that you saw.

Either the ESS Crossbow's or more than likely the Revision Sawfly.

protip: grab a one or two of the replacement lenses (~$15) in the px early on. when people start scratching the crap out of their lenses they will disappear from the PX very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Guyer View Post
                          I have seen the glasses that look like the safety glasses. Do they issue glasses like that?
                          What you are referring to is the Eye-Pro (ESSX or Wiley-X I believe). They're issued to everyone and those who need the inserts, get em.

Me, well..... I rocked my contacts on the downlow the entire time (except CBRN and I was just walking blind that day).

Comment

i found some cool range of glasses here www.optrixstore.com looks value buy and nice
                            Last edited by lazyguy; June 9th, 2013, 12:18 PM.

Comment

So I'm guessing reading most of the posts about glasses i will be issued new glasses since the ones i have at the moment are old and wore out?

Comment

Working...
                              X