Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will i be issued at my guard unit after BCT/AIT?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will i be issued at my guard unit after BCT/AIT?

So I've been reading and researching on the forums for awhile now, but this is my first post.
    I don't leave for my BCT and AIT until September 10. (Going to Fort Sill), but I was just wondering what gear might will I be issued once I get to my National Guard unit after AIT? Just curious since I couldn't exactly find anything on here about it. (Kevlar helmet, elbow/knee pads, ect.) I have been issued my duffle bag, PT gear (1 "army" and 1 "national guard") and a set of ACU's and boots at my RSP. I've read that you give a lot of gear back after BCT and AIT, so I was just asking this out of curiosity. Thanks.

Re: What will i be issued at my guard unit after BCT/AIT?

Google CTA-50 (better known as TA-50) military equipment. That is your answer.

Comment

Re: What will i be issued at my guard unit after BCT/AIT?

You will get all the gear you need to accomplish your missions. I wouldn't worry about it.

Like Chief K said, you will get your TA-50. You unit may give you other gear on top of that as well. I just transferred from a medical unit to a Mountain Infantry unit. I got a TON more gear on top of my original TA-50 when I got to my new unit that i did not know i even needed.

Oh, and don't count on all new gear. Most of your stuff will be used so clean it well when you get home. Especially if you get a used sleep system.

Comment

Working...
      X