Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

    The Long awaited decision for the new Army camo pattern is finally here! :^)

    http://soldiersystems.net/

  • #2
    Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

    I was awaiting an April's Fools thread and here it is.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

      The strategy is to just keep changing our minds about what we'll change them to thus confusing the enemy!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

        Latest and greatest update on new Army Camo Pattern... I'll believe it when I see it...

        http://soldiersystems.net/2013/07/24...-announcement/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

          It was supposed to be announced on the Army's birthday that just passed but I guess with sequestration and Congress passing legislation that all services should wear one camo; I thought this was now dead in the water.

          An unofficial new PT uniform was announced as well, so let us all wait until the new fiscal year.

          bulldog 76 says: July 24, 2013 at 10:49
          looks like the corps is gonna screw things up again

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

            I saw in a book recently (Can't remember the title) about Green Beret's and some of them were wearing ADS Inc in the Desert Variant. This book was just released and had some pictures inside of an African American soldier wearing these new camo patterns? So maybe that's a hint that they made a choice without making it public?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

              Special Ops units generally get access to equipment long before everyone else (sometimes it's purchased for them only and is never globally issued.) As they are a great, yet small source of expertise. They are also always in a position where they can "field test" it in theater.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

                Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                Special Ops units generally get access to equipment long before everyone else (sometimes it's purchased for them only and is never globally issued.) As they are a great, yet small source of expertise. They are also always in a position where they can "field test" it in theater.
                +1. That happened with Multicam before it hit the masses.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

                  The Marine Corps will never relinquish to MarPat if the Army selects a better pattern.

                  http://blogs.militarytimes.com/battl...-ham-sandwich/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

                    And this article on Hagel's recent comments.

                    http://kitup.military.com/2013/07/ha...2887570&rank=2

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

                      I like Marpat and believe Marines should keep it too. Us Army guys have little say in the matter though. And we all work for the same idiots in suits that decide it all. Should just expand Multicam and save time/money. Look at it and it says "Army." It is basically the modern woodland uniform.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

                        Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                        The Marine Corps will never relinquish to MarPat if the Army selects a better pattern.

                        http://blogs.militarytimes.com/battl...-ham-sandwich/
                        That is extremely retarded. The Army just conducted the most comprehensive test on cammo patterns in history. All 4 of the finalists outperform MARPAT. The Marines should be thankful that they would be getting a better pattern than MARPAT. Before MARPAT the Army developed the military's cammo and gladly shared it with the rest of the branches. The us vs everyone else mentality of the Corp is ridiculous. And the comment sections in those links full of ignorance. The best I found "Even though "regular" Marines don't need to attach anything "special" to their title to know they are the real tip of the spear. The word Marine says it all. "Special Forces" doing "special operations" means just another day on the job for the average Marine."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

                          And the latest update.

                          http://www.stripes.com/news/us/camou...akers-1.234697

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

                            Interesting article.

                            http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/arti...mon-camouflage

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: New Army Camo Pattern Set For Distribution April "1", 2014...

                              Originally posted by Explosive Hazard View Post
                              That is extremely retarded. The Army just conducted the most comprehensive test on cammo patterns in history. All 4 of the finalists outperform MARPAT. The Marines should be thankful that they would be getting a better pattern than MARPAT. Before MARPAT the Army developed the military's cammo and gladly shared it with the rest of the branches. The us vs everyone else mentality of the Corp is ridiculous. And the comment sections in those links full of ignorance. The best I found "Even though "regular" Marines don't need to attach anything "special" to their title to know they are the real tip of the spear. The word Marine says it all. "Special Forces" doing "special operations" means just another day on the job for the average Marine."
                              +1

                              I believe that MARPAT was the best option being fielded at the time. That does not, however, mean that it is the best option for all time. We went through the same thing when the Navy started developing their NWU II and III uniforms.

                              We all wore the same uniform for 35 years, and the world didn't explode (typically). Wearing the same uniform makes tactical and economical sense; it prevents an enemy from identifying a specific unit by their uniform (thus identifying differences in tactics or ROE), and it reduces redundant links in the supply chain. There are more than enough minor uniform differences between the services to still maintain a unit identity: berets, boots, 8-point covers, patrol caps, inside vs. outside sleeve rolls, the fact that branch of service is embroidered on your chest, et cetera...

                              Honestly, the typical "Oorah" compaints against this are reprehensible to me. What it really boils down to is that we would rather allow American servicemembers to potentially die by using sub-par gear, than share a uniform.

                              The problem is that the Marines have a bone. It doesn't matter if you have a better bone. It doesn't matter if our bone is chewed to pieces and has no more value to give. You can't take our bone.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X