X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High school graduation

Just out of curiosity, am i allowed to wear my asu to graduate high school in? Im a sophmore and im doing the slpit training option and i was wondering if there were specific rules about wearing your asu.

Re: High school graduation

Originally posted by Guyer View Post
    Just out of curiosity, am i allowed to wear my asu to graduate high school in? Im a sophmore and im doing the slpit training option and i was wondering if there were specific rules about wearing your asu.
    Whether or not there's anything explicitly prohibiting it, don't. You'll look like a total geek. Wear the cap/gown or whatever they give you. Trust me on this, I know things.

Comment

Agreed. Don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
        Whether or not there's anything explicitly prohibiting it, don't. You'll look like a total geek. Wear the cap/gown or whatever they give you. Trust me on this, I know things.
        +1 As someone who joined the Army Reserves as a split-op at 17, I kept my HS graduation separate from my military one. Just show your pride at school with this t-shirt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private..._%26_Dangerous

Comment

Your suppose to dress up underneath your cap and gown. And im not one for wearing a dress. I wear pants. girls usually wear dresses/skirts and they wouldnt be able to see the uniform anyway really.

Comment

Originally posted by Guyer View Post
            Your suppose to dress up underneath your cap and gown. And im not one for wearing a dress. I wear pants. girls usually wear dresses/skirts and they wouldnt be able to see the uniform anyway really.
            It was a joke. Anyway, we gave advice so its up to you if you want to heed our knowledge and experience. Good luck.

Comment

Well either way, I appreciate it. Thanks

Comment

My son did the split option,he graduates on June 8 and found out this week that he ships to AIT on June 6.So it sounds like he will not get to graduate with his class,we have contacted his recruiter but have not heard back from him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                  +1 As someone who joined the Army Reserves as a split-op at 17, I kept my HS graduation separate from my military one. Just show your pride at school with this t-shirt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private..._%26_Dangerous
                  I agree, don't do it. As someone else who enlisted at 17, lol, try to blend in with the crowd. If you really want to wear your ASUs go for it though, it's really up to you. When I went to my younger sister's HS graduation there were some guys wearing their ASUs under their gowns. No, you can't really tell by first glance, but I could and they looked like tools.With like one ribbon and a name-tag, trust me, you're not impressing anyone. Why don'y you decorate your cap with something Army or National Guard? A lot of kids did that at my sister's graduation with their colleges, etc. If your school allows it do that.

Comment

Don't be "That Guy".

Bad juju all around....

Comment

Didn't the Army teach you anything about everyone being uniform?

Comment

haha I was the same way, won't lie I wore my Greens to Homecoming, but kept it classy for Prom and Graduation

Comment

I consider wearing my uniform to be "work," and I generally only work when I'm getting paid (i.e., on orders). That's probably a pretty good rule for all you saplings to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Dirtbag View Post
                            I consider wearing my uniform to be "work," and I generally only work when I'm getting paid (i.e., on orders).
                            I think that comes with time (read: the realization that donning the uniform does not turn you into Chesty Puller).

Comment

Working...
                            X