Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Something a Split-Op guy said about maneuverability while in full gear bugging me... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something a Split-Op guy said about maneuverability while in full gear bugging me...

While at RSP, we were looking at a picture of a Soldier trying to maneuver around a window while trying to get ready to do breach-and-clear.
    Our Sergeant was saying if the guy inside is watching out the window, no matter how low you crawl, he's see you.
    One of the other Privates said, "If he is, why not just stab him?". Instantly, one of the broken Split-Op guys spoke up and said, "Yeah, you can't move like that in all your gear."
    I'm no expert, and I'm not saying you can even attempt to dispatch someone with a knife, but it just sounds odd.

Anyone able to confirm/disprove his statement?

Re: Something a Split-Op guy said about maneuverability while in full gear bugging me...

Just listen and learn from your sergeants.

I filmed the video below in 2006. When I was an MP patrolling in Iraq in 2006, we adjusted fire on a lot of stuff when it came to breaching techniques. With most tactics, you will follow doctrine but based on learning lessons from your TTPs, you may find a better way. Just like we started using sling cables to do a hasty tow when one of our humvees went down.

Play the video below by clicking on the pic.

Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; February 8th, 2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Re: Something a Split-Op guy said about maneuverability while in full gear bugging me...

click this video

Comment

Working...
      X