X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMC day pack at drill

Prior service Marine here released from reserves and xfering to NG, can I use my usmc daypack during drills? I find it more comfortable plus It seems better built.

Re: USMC day pack at drill

Depends, are we talking just carrying your gear to and from drill, or are we talking using it on a ruck? I wouldn't see a problem with using it just to carry your gear, but it would be up to your command if we are talking rucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard View Post
      Depends, are we talking just carrying your gear to and from drill, or are we talking using it on a ruck? I wouldn't see a problem with using it just to carry your gear, but it would be up to your command if we are talking rucks.
      I'd use it to and from drill basically to store personal gear, and other personal junk, and carrying it around as the day goes, I'm just asking so I'm not out of uniform, hate to waste a good pack. It's just the small daypack that was issued that I ended up buying because I use it daily, I wouldnt use it on a hump anyways.

Ps iPad sucks for typing...

Comment

Originally posted by Supersquishy View Post
        I'd use it to and from drill basically to store personal gear, and other personal junk, and carrying it around as the day goes, I'm just asking so I'm not out of uniform, hate to waste a good pack. It's just the small daypack that was issued that I ended up buying because I use it daily, I wouldnt use it on a hump anyways.

Ps iPad sucks for typing...
        I would not suggest bringing any form of MARPAT pattern to drill.

http://www.ilbepack.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
          I would not suggest bringing any form of MARPAT pattern to drill.

http://www.ilbepack.com/
          HAHA, not that one, even though that was issued too, I could stuff my whole household into it with room to spare, man talk about behemoth!

Yea MARPAT rocks.

Comment

Quick boot question( pun intended) can I wear my broke-in and in great condition Bates(usmc) issued boots in acu's? They are same color except they have a small EGA on both heals that's hardly noticeable unless you look hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Supersquishy View Post
              Quick boot question( pun intended) can I wear my broke-in and in great condition Bates(usmc) issued boots in acu's? They are same color except they have a small EGA on both heals that's hardly noticeable unless you look hard.
              Squishy - Leave your EGA boots at the house. You'll be quickly labeled "that guy", or that "friggin Jar Head".

With the exception of your experience in the Corps, leave the cool MarPat/MC stuff at home. It's a learning curve, but it's longer if you don't let it (the Corps) go.

S/F!
              Last edited by Wobbly Emu; February 10th, 2013, 10:04 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
              X