Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wearing skull/custom masks while doing FTX's and deployed?

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
    The shirt is a tan t-shirt that would be issued to you. You will be given three or four and can always buy extras at clothing and sales or online. Army issued or approved for sale.
    Okay. Thank you, sir.

Comment

The shirt is a tan t-shirt that would be issued to you. You will be given three or four and can always buy extras at clothing and sales or online. Army issued or approved for sale.
      So could you buy and wear a tan colored under armour type fabric since I much prefer these to normal shirts?

Comment

^ Yes. Underarmour alternatives have been done for years.

I've even seen tan shirts with a custom unit related design/slogan on the chest/back worn before at my last unit. But do not assume everyone can get away with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          ^ Yes. Underarmour alternatives have been done for years.

I've even seen tan shirts with a custom unit related design/slogan on the chest/back worn before at my last unit. But do not assume everyone can get away with that.
          Do you think a tan sleeveless shirt would be appropriate? And what color of Underarmor does someone usually wear? I don't see tan, but I do see OD Green and Grey. And are the Underarmour shirts with the UCP sleeves Army issue?

Comment

They are not army issue and come in short sleeve and long. You can get them at clothing and sales. Whimpy builds look ridiculous in them.

Comment

I recommend you do not do sleeveless and do not do any color other than tan.

Comment

They are not army issue and come in short sleeve and long. You can get them at clothing and sales. Whimpy builds look ridiculous in them.
                Thanks! Luckily, I'm barrel chested and have naturally big biceps and plan on lifting weights when I get the money for a gym membership, so my 5.11 and underarmor shirts fit pretty nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                  I recommend you do not do sleeveless and do not do any color other than tan.
                  Roger that. I found tan and UCP underarmour on a military/paramilitary gear site.

Comment

And since I don't want to clutter the forums with a new post and someone mentioned patches earlier: Now that you're allowed to sew in your patches, do order a certain ACU that doesn't have the velcro places on them? Do you remove then yourself? Or do you just sew them in on top of the spots?

Comment

You can order them without or most places that do uniform work will remove Velcro for you.

I wear under armour tan shirts. They are expensive but I find them to be more comfortable. As long as you dont get the compression Fit ones it doesn't matter your build.. Be forewarned; if it ever comes down to it they are not fire or high heat rated and will melt. Cotton is king.

Comment

Working...
                      X