Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wearing skull/custom masks while doing FTX's and deployed?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing skull/custom masks while doing FTX's and deployed?

I've seen pictures of soldiers wearing masks while deployed ever since Ghost from Modern Warfare 2 become popular. I'm sure that if they were able to, did it before the game.

But I was wondering if any of you have or seen it and if you did, wouldn't that be a dress code violation? Or are most CO's okay with it?

Simple yes or no, please!

Thank you in advance!

Re: Wearing skull/custom masks while doing FTX's and deployed?

Yes, but generally only for gunners on gun trucks in cold weather.

No skeletons or other crazy stuff.

Comment

You expect a tailored response from your off the wall questions. You said you saw pics so provide the link please. I have not seen any.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        You expect a tailored response from your off the wall questions. You said you saw pics so provide the link please. I have not seen any.
        I think this guy will have more problems on the urinalysis than we originally suspected.

Comment

I think he is referring to this kind of mask:

and whether or not the wearing of the mask with the uniform is permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by TsuDeltaChi View Post
            I think he is referring to this kind of mask:

and whether or not the wearing of the mask with the uniform is permitted.
            Yes! Thank you! That what I'm talking about. And just masks in general.

For some reason, my pictures won't post. So, a simple "soldiers with skull masks" works. And some of them are fakes, but a few are real.
            Last edited by Austin Blackman; January 1st, 2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I use to wear a balaclava during the winter. But it was also some shade of green or black. Nothing with a design.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                I use to wear a balaclava during the winter. But it was also some shade of green or black. Nothing with a design.
                Hmmm... That could work. The main reason I want it is because I'm a redhead and get burned easy. If I'm out in the field or deployed, I'd like something to protect my neck/face without worrying about sunscreen during a firefight. Plus, it looks BA.

Comment

Well, back when I was a PFC on deployment and had a team leader that DNGAF I wore on very rare occasion a halloween mask (skull demon) while in the gunners seat. Completely out of regulation and without a doubt innappropriate. Now that I'm a squad leader and I reflect back on that there is no way I'm letting any of my guys wear something like that today!

OP just stick with a recon wrap or a shemegh. The recon wrap does a really good job of keeping dirt and sand out of the mouth and nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Explosive Hazard View Post
                    Well, back when I was a PFC on deployment and had a team leader that DNGAF I wore on very rare occasion a halloween mask (skull demon) while in the gunners seat. Completely out of regulation and without a doubt innappropriate. Now that I'm a squad leader and I reflect back on that there is no way I'm letting any of my guys wear something like that today!

OP just stick with a recon wrap or a shemegh. The recon wrap does a really good job of keeping dirt and sand out of the mouth and nose.
                    Roger that, Sarge! I've never heard of recon wrap. I'll defiantly be getting it when I get to my unit. If my CO doesn't like it, I'll keep it for hunting and my own target practice.

Comment

That photo is Astan before the multicam era. Soldier could have gotten the ok from his leaders. Seems like he is a gunner. I saw some off the wall stuff but it was usually worn by the guys that go on patrol or remote cop.

dont expect that form of latitude in the field.

Comment

My squad use to wear morale tabs under the ACU shoulder pocket tab. One squad had LEROY under theirs

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                          My squad use to wear morale tabs under the ACU shoulder pocket tab. One squad had LEROY under theirs
                          I have a couple morale patches for my squad that we can wear under the flap. I also have a "that guy" tab that I pass around for deserving individuals lol.

Austin, the recon wrap is basically just a really thin and slightly long neck gator. I wear it all the time in the field to protect my face, neck and ears from the sun. I also have a shemegh for the same purpose. Depending on your command you may not get away with the shemegh but the recon wraps come in many different colors and camo patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by Explosive Hazard View Post
                            I have a couple morale patches for my squad that we can wear under the flap. I also have a "that guy" tab that I pass around for deserving individuals lol.

Austin, the recon wrap is basically just a really thin and slightly long neck gator. I wear it all the time in the field to protect my face, neck and ears from the sun. I also have a shemegh for the same purpose. Depending on your command you may not get away with the shemegh but the recon wraps come in many different colors and camo patterns.
                            Thanks! Also, I was wondering if the shirt you wear under your ACU's has be a certain shirt. Or does it just have to be a certain color, but it's your choice?

Comment

The shirt is a tan t-shirt that would be issued to you. You will be given three or four and can always buy extras at clothing and sales or online. Army issued or approved for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X