X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR 670-1, Proper fleece wear

Are you allowed to wear your PC with fleece, or is it a written reg that you must wear the fleece cap with it?

I myself looked at the reg, and though they were all authorized with the wear of the ACU, I couldn't find anything that said only the fleece cap is authorized with the fleece jacket.

Are you allowed to wear the patrol cap with the fleece jacket, or is it required you wear the fleece cap with it?

Re: AR 670-1, Proper fleece wear

You can wear your PC with the green fleece. I've always wondered if you could wear the fleece cap with ACU's...

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
      You can wear your PC with the green fleece. I've always wondered if you could wear the fleece cap with ACU's...
      Probably doesn't count for much, but we were told at last drill that we could not wear the fleece cap with the ACU since the CSM was visiting...... no reg to back that up, just anecdotally related.

Comment

Sir - the only instance where I've worn the fleece cap with ACU's was overseas. If higher didn't put it out, our Company CO allowed us to do it when the temps were below freezing.

I was of the mind there was ALARACT out on this somewhere. I'll dig a bit and try to find it.

Comment

Oh look at the Soldier in one of our morning formations!

Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; December 15th, 2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Emu View Post
            Sir - the only instance where I've worn the fleece cap with ACU's was overseas. If higher didn't put it out, our Company CO allowed us to do it when the temps were below freezing.

I was of the mind there was ALARACT out on this somewhere. I'll dig a bit and try to find it.
            Obviously, Soldiers based in Alaska where the fleece cap with ACUs and fleece Jacket.

Here on Carson, it is allowed to be worn in ACUs in freezing weather.

Comment

A lot of snow is falling today and it is 20 degrees out. Here is a photo I took on base today that shows the Soldiers wearing their fleece caps in ACUs.

Comment

Interesting question. My experience has been that policy is set at the whim of the senior NCO on whatever Base/FOB I've been on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                  Are you allowed to wear your PC with fleece, or is it a written reg that you must wear the fleece cap with it?

I myself looked at the reg, and though they were all authorized with the wear of the ACU, I couldn't find anything that said only the fleece cap is authorized with the fleece jacket.

Are you allowed to wear the patrol cap with the fleece jacket, or is it required you wear the fleece cap with it?
                  Your best bet is to do what everyone else is doing, lol. Have your PC on you as well as your fleece cap. Also, if it's really not THAT cold don't be standing in formation and be the ONLY person with your fleece on, it just brings unwanted attention to you. My $0.02

Comment

Working...
                  X