X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multicam

All the "higher ups" I talk to in my state claim that the entire Army (instead of Afghan soldiers only) will be converting to Multicam in the near future. Do you see this as plausible? If so, when do you predict this will take place?

I personally think they are pretty badass.

Re: Multicam

It's all just a guess at this point, as Big Army hasn't made up their minds about what pattern they are going to. It is plausible though. As far as when any new pattern comes into play is anyone's guess, as it will take a while to get inventory levels up, then change over all the TA-50, etc. It's going to be awhile.

They're not bad, but the velcro on them is crap. All four sets of mine wore out in about 5 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Reagan View Post
      All the "higher ups" I talk to in my state claim that the entire Army (instead of Afghan soldiers only) will be converting to Multicam in the near future. Do you see this as plausible? If so, when do you predict this will take place?

I personally think they are pretty badass.
      Hello from Afghanistan and me through the years.

Did you see my threads about multicam being issued to the Army being a false report?

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...light=multicam

"Army to Recommend MultiCam for Entire Force" FALSE
      Military.com recently reported "After years of testing, Army uniform officials are planning to recommend that MultiCam should replace today's pixilated design as the official camouflage pattern the service issues to all soldiers, Military.com has learned."...
      "One option would be to make MultiCam the Army's official camouflage pattern, sources tell Military.com.
      The second option would be to make MultiCam the service's pattern for garrison and general deployment use, but also to have a family of approved camouflage patterns that could be issued for specific areas of the world.
      Earlier this week, UCP came under fire again in a story by The Daily, an online news site, which quoted several Army scientists from Natick Soldier Systems Center, Mass., alleging that the Army selected UCP long before testing was complete."

They are ok but not badass. Personally, they are overrated and just a blotchier version of our old BDUs. The one uniform for all terrains is not a good idea.

Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; January 3rd, 2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Multicam is junk. My velcro stopped working after 4 months, my drop leg rubbed huge holes in my pants and they fade after the first time they are washed.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard View Post
          Multicam is junk. My velcro stopped working after 4 months, my drop leg rubbed huge holes in my pants and they fade after the first time they are washed.
          +1 But about the fading, I have to say we are issued the flame resistant version and that material fades rapidly. The FRACUs (gray) that I was issued in Afghanistan three years ago, faded as well. And I was happy that we were able to wear them when we returned to garrison.

Comment

I always thought that these Multicam uniforms appeared to blend much better with the desert setting. I've seen some crazy pictures where the blending was incredible.

Many 11B's I talk to claim that the current ACU's stick out like a sore thumb in the big sandbox. I'm curious as to what the next evolution will be

Comment

Reagan,

Did you read the links I provided?

Yes, ACUs stick out and you do not need to be an 11B to know that. I wore ACUs on patrol in Afghanistan and I knew from the start that I was an open target.

Here are the Marines pattern also known as MARPAT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARPAT <---click the link

And here is one of the submissions to be decided by the Army next month. It is called US4CES. Very similar.

http://www.adsinc.com/solutions/clot...utions/us4ces/ <---click the link

Comment

The above ADS link is not loading. Try this one.

http://soldiersystems.net/tag/us4ces/ <----

Comment

I think we should just 'tactically acquire' the MARPAT patterns. They look good, and are functional. Not sure how I'd feel about being able to roll sleeves up again, it has its pros and cons. In terms of the velcro on the multi-cam, they don't hand them out with button closures? They sell the button cargo pocket ACUs at MCSS now, a lot better IMHO

Comment

The pants have buttons but not the tops, and yes the buttons are 200 times better than velcro.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarSoldier View Post
                      I think we should just 'tactically acquire' the MARPAT patterns. They look good, and are functional. Not sure how I'd feel about being able to roll sleeves up again, it has its pros and cons. In terms of the velcro on the multi-cam, they don't hand them out with button closures? They sell the button cargo pocket ACUs at MCSS now, a lot better IMHO
                      I miss rolling up the sleeves but oh well. Have to keep my guns under control. Marines no longer roll-up their sleeves.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ed-up-sleeves/

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                        The above ADS link is not loading. Try this one.

http://soldiersystems.net/tag/us4ces/ <----
                        I really like these new designs. When do you think they will implement/decide on the next pattern? I know it's anyone's guess, but I want to hear YOUR guess. Better camo could mean the difference in life or death for many soldiers.

Comment

The US Army is going to change their camouflage pattern. It may be delayed by the budget cuts but anybody that works for a business or government entity knows that when a budget is provided; you best spend that money or you will get less the next go-around. They are saying they should have a decision by the end of this year.

Comment

but anybody that works for a business or government entity knows that when a budget is provided; you best spend that money or you will get less the next go-around.
                            DING! I know that very well! One of the quickest ways to make money disappear is to buy IT stuff!

Comment

The US Army is going to change their camouflage pattern. It may be delayed by the budget cuts but anybody that works for a business or government entity knows that when a budget is provided; you best spend that money or you will get less the next go-around. They are saying they should have a decision by the end of this year.
                              So as a recruit looking at attending BCT during the summer of 2013, is there a chance I WON'T be wearing the current ACU's?

Comment

Working...
                              X