X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying ACU Gear okay?

Hello all. I just enlisted about 2 weeks ago and yesterday I was sent down to my local armory to get my PT uniform and ACU uniform. One problem though. They ran out of everything my size so I have boots that are 1 1/2 size bigger, a shirt that's huge on me and pants that are huge on me. They said they aren't quite sure when they will receiver a new shipment of my size and i'll have to make due. I tried everything on and I look like a clown!

So my question is would it be okay to buy my own ACU gear and be able to wear it without getting in trouble? or do i have to use what was given to me. Also if I can, anyone have any good websites to send me to to purchase them? Thank you!

Re: Buying ACU Gear okay?

no need to really. You will get issued 4 pair of ACUS at basic.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitt444 View Post
      Hello all. I just enlisted about 2 weeks ago and yesterday I was sent down to my local armory to get my PT uniform and ACU uniform. One problem though. They ran out of everything my size so I have boots that are 1 1/2 size bigger, a shirt that's huge on me and pants that are huge on me. They said they aren't quite sure when they will receiver a new shipment of my size and i'll have to make due. I tried everything on and I look like a clown!

So my question is would it be okay to buy my own ACU gear and be able to wear it without getting in trouble? or do i have to use what was given to me. Also if I can, anyone have any good websites to send me to to purchase them? Thank you!
      Do not buy uniforms on your own because some stores that sell them are not the actual NSN that is the one that is issued. Also, you are not expected to bear any uniform costs when you receive your initial issue; regardless that you feel that it does not bother you to out-of-pocket the expense.

Just be patient and let them work out the problem. Deal with your leadership on the matter and they will handle it.

Comment

Yeah, like the others have said. It's not worth buying uniforms out of pocket when you'll just be wearing these for a brief period anyways. You'll get your real issue soon enough.

Comment

I had a similar problem. Most of what they gave me at RSP was too large, and that was after they measured me! But I was able to work it out with my CoC and they ordered me the correct sizes. Like you, I was impatient and wanted to go ahead and buy the correct sizes.

I would say that it depends on how many drills you will be attending before heading out to BCT. If it's just a couple, then I would hold out and wait. But if you're going to be there for a while, I would try and get them to order you the correct sizes.

Comment

Working...
          X