X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Tapes

I was going to order some extra name tapes for my pack and battle book to use during RSP since every recruit has the same gear, but my last name is McClary and i don't know whether or not it has to be ALL caps or if I should leave the little "c" as, well, a little "c". Anyone know protocal for us Irish name bearers? And before I get bashed, I have not received my regular issued name tapes yet to use as a reference.

Re: Name Tapes

I think I've seen an Irish name "lower cased" only a few times. I would think it's safe to say it would be all upper case.

Comment

I have quite a few Irish buddies and all of them have their nametapes all capitalized.

But I don't think anyone is going to give you flak for having the "C" lower cased on your pack or battle book.

Comment

If that is how it is spelled; then go for it. I see the tilde over the N and huge long names. Nothing special.

Comment

You can have the second "c" be lower cased.

Best recent and highest ranked example. General Stanley McChrystal.

Last edited by SteveLord; July 30th, 2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

I had a couple made with the lowercase c for my name (McClure), but I didn't really like how they looked compared with the all caps versions. Go with USCAV or Ranger Joes, they do good stitch work. PS the sew-ons look much better too IMHO.

Comment

Working...
              X