X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevlar to ACH

My unit issued me a very used Kevlar when I joined the unit in last year. I was told there are no ACHs available and no funds to purchase them. The one i got was filthy and smelled like a urinal. I had to give it a bleach bath when I got it home and beg my supply SGT for a new strap for it.

My problem now is it gives me a awful headache and makes me feel like im gunna throw up after wearing it for more than 20 min. And that not good because we need to wear them while driving per unit SOP. A lot of our drives are an hour+

Is there any way to conver it to use ACH pads and straps? I have the pads and straps from my ACHs in both BCT and AIT. I need to find a place that sells the velcro pads, the 2 clips to attach the straps, and most importantly, a drill bit that will drill through the kevlar.

Anyone ever done this and can lead me to the stuff I need to fix this thing and not throw up while driving?

Re: Kevlar to ACH

Get velcro that sticks to the inside of the kevlar and put your pads in that way.

DO NOT PHYSICALLY MUTILATE YOUR EQUIPMENT IN ANY WAY. YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. Not only will you have to pay for it, but it also loses its integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
      Get velcro that sticks to the inside of the kevlar and put your pads in that way.

DO NOT PHYSICALLY MUTILATE YOUR EQUIPMENT IN ANY WAY. YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. Not only will you have to pay for it, but it also loses its integrity.
      Okay. I'll try that first. Thank you.

Comment

The catch with this is that you'll still have to use the goofy John Wayne style single strap.

Comment

The new helmet has been out for several years and they can't get you one? Sounds like we're getting back to the old Guard that's for sure! Don't break it or they will make you wear a pasta bowl.

Comment

Man that just sucks. I put on the new ACH and it was heaven compared to the older kevlar. I have always disliked hearing about soldiers not being properly equiped.

Comment

Working...
            X