X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothing allowance

So, I hear at the end of BCT we will get our ASUs but i also hear we will have to buy them. I've been told we're given a clothing allowance so can we use that money to buy the ASUs or do we even get that option? Idk, im brand new and just hearing a lot of rumors i guess i just wanna know for sure.

Re: Clothing allowance

You are issued your ACU's and your first set of ASU's at BCT. Clothing allowance means the Army picks up the tab, but they do not hand you a voucher or cash and send you into a uniform store. You will go to an issuing center, go to different stations and handed something based on your size and at the end will go through your bag of stuff piece by piece to make sure you have it all. What the items 'cost' is on the sheet one, for inventory purposes and two, because some items that you will return, like your ACH (helmet) will have to be paid for if you lose them so its good to know the cost.

You don't 'get the money' per se'....you just don't have to pay for them. I don't remember ever even seeing a 'cost' for the ASU's, but when you are close to graduation you will get fitted for them, issued a jacket, pants, socks, shiny shoes, over coat, gloves, etc....and they are of no cost to you.

Why would you want the option of NOT getting your ASU's? What are you going to wear at graduation?

Comment

Active Duty enlisted Soldiers receive a clothing allowance annually to replace uniform items. This allowance is paid directly to them in their check.

NG/USAR Soldiers don’t receive a clothing allowance but instead get uniform replacements through their supply sergeant.

The problem of issuing ASU's to RC Soldiers has been the cost and the uniforms not being available in the supply system. This has been the case for Soldiers were issued the green Class A/B uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
        Active Duty enlisted Soldiers receive a clothing allowance annually to replace uniform items. This allowance is paid directly to them in their check.

NG/USAR Soldiers don’t receive a clothing allowance but instead get uniform replacements through their supply sergeant.

The problem of issuing ASU's to RC Soldiers has been the cost and the uniforms not being available in the supply system. This has been the case for Soldiers were issued the green Class A/B uniforms.
        It was a challenge. Our unit was able to get all of our soldiers ASUs (luckily).

Comment

They got it from outside supply sources (Depot or State overstock from NGB which happened this year).

They're not in CCDF (supply database where you order all uniform/TA-50 items) and wont be for awhile which kind of ***** because of the geren wear-out date is 2014.

RC do not get a clothing allowance unless AGR. You get your allowance every year on the date of you entering the program. First check will be cut in half because when you enter the AGR program as enlisted, your supply sergeant is supposed to give you your first set (4).

Comment

Deploy and you can enjoy the ADO. I order free uniforms and gear monthly.

Comment

Since officers receive no annual clothing allowances; I am reaping the benefits of the ADO program and getting stuff monthly. You can only get it while deployed.

https://army.kyloc.com/

http://www.armytoolbag.com/Tools/Sup...Smart Book.pdf
              Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; April 17th, 2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Each unit is different. My unit is alotted $500 a year to use towards ACU's. So we can DX them for new ones but only after we tried everything to fix them ourselves. With 150 soldiers in my unit the $500 can be gone through rather quickly but our supply sergeant does what he can for soldiers in need of new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigershark View Post
                  Each unit is different. My unit is alotted $500 a year to use towards ACU's. So we can DX them for new ones but only after we tried everything to fix them ourselves. With 150 soldiers in my unit the $500 can be gone through rather quickly but our supply sergeant does what he can for soldiers in need of new ones.
                  Ummm....that won't even cover one soldier. I'm pretty sure they didn't tell you the whole story.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                    Ummm....that won't even cover one soldier. I'm pretty sure they didn't tell you the whole story.
                    I am sure you are right, but our supply sergeant does an excellent job keeping us equiped.

Comment

$5,000 per quarter for all equipment sounds about right.

Comment

Working...
                      X