Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASU's

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
    There will be opportunites in the military to wear the Class A's/ASU's and some might be slightly fun lol!
    It is what is referred to as 'mandatory fun"....

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
      Eh, it might seem cool to you right now because you are so new to the military. Pretty much every single time I have been required to attend a formal military function or ball that required me to wear my Class A's I wish I was wearing a civilian tux. There is so much that has to be paid attention to with formal military attire and every time I wear it I'm constantly paying attention to make sure nothing falls off lol! That I don't bump or scrape anything, make too sudden or fast movements because it would tear areas of the uniform etc. Plus its made of wool which doesn't breathe worth a ****. Its hot and constrictive and very uncomfortable. AND when wearing it everyone takes notice of you, obviously because it looks sharp. But you have to remember that you represent the military and being under a microscope by everyone around you while you are trying to have fun is not that fun at all.

Its also my opinion that you should avoid mixing military with civilian life because as a NG member the military is not you life, just an aspect of it. Its the same way I feel about service members who get married in their formal military uniform. You are getting married to the other person, not the military. Just my personal opinion though and no offense to anyone on here who has done that, just not for me. This is the same opinion I have in regards to new soldiers wearing Class A's/ASU's to prom, its the biggest dance in highschool so have fun with it in a highschool like attitude and attire. There will be opportunites in the military to wear the Class A's/ASU's and some might be slightly fun lol!
      +1. I live in my multi-cam now and at first I was excited but after 4 months; I am now bored with them lol

Also, they have brought back payday activities at my division so when I return next year, I have to wear the ASU monthly (on EOM payday)

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        +1. I live in my multi-cam now and at first I was excited but after 4 months; I am now bored with them lol
        I figure I'll be that way with the ASU's before too long but I figure I may as well enjoy it before the honeymoon period wears off

Comment

Working...
        X