Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Watches Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Watches

    This a stupid question but do they have you buy a watch at BCT or is this something i will need to get before i go and can i have one there.

  • #2
    Re: Watches

    You likely will not be allowed to wear a watch until you have some sort of peer leadership i.e. squad leaders and PG. At that point only your SL and PG will be allowed to wear them. Until then, you are on DS time and you don't need to worry about what time it is.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Watches

      Originally posted by PFC Lowe
      You likely will not be allowed to wear a watch until you have some sort of peer leadership i.e. squad leaders and PG. At that point only your SL and PG will be allowed to wear them. Until then, you are on DS time and you don't need to worry about what time it is.
      Thanks for the info.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Watches

        Wow, really? We were allowed watches.

        See what your DS says, buy one at the PX.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Watches

          My wife went to OSUT at leonard wood last year and she wore a watch, so I don't think it's just leadership that gets a watch. When I was in basic, it was the same.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Watches

            Ft Jackson was the same. They actually encouraged us to have one and the mini-PX sold a pretty decent Armitron that withstood a lot. I actually still have it and wear it for drill. No need busting up my Bulova...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Watches

              Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701
              Ft Jackson was the same. They actually encouraged us to have one and the mini-PX sold a pretty decent Armitron that withstood a lot. I actually still have it and wear it for drill. No need busting up my Bulova...

              watches are almost required in the military. You need one to know when to be somehwere at the right time. buy a simple watch it will be ok

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Watches

                Originally posted by andrew.tischner
                watches are almost required in the military. You need one to know when to be somehwere at the right time. buy a simple watch it will be ok
                they even have little $5 watches in reception.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Watches

                  Originally posted by PFC Lowe
                  You likely will not be allowed to wear a watch until you have some sort of peer leadership i.e. squad leaders and PG. At that point only your SL and PG will be allowed to wear them. Until then, you are on DS time and you don't need to worry about what time it is.
                  This is exactly how it was in my unit.

                  I guess basically the best advice would be to not worry about it to much and wait see what happens when you get there because everyone seems to have a slightly diffferent experience when it comes to watches.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Watches

                    Thanks everyone for your input. I will just wait and see when i get there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Watches

                      We weren't allowed watches until our final FTX in AIT.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Watches

                        We were all allowed to have watches way back when...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Watches

                          I don't see why someone wouldn't be allowed a watch. That's ridiculous.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Watches

                            Originally posted by PalatialGabe
                            I don't see why someone wouldn't be allowed a watch. That's ridiculous.
                            Control factor...one more way the DS can control everything about your situation

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Watches

                              If you're going to Benning...Wait until they tell you. It was 6 years ago, but only our PG was allowed to have one.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X