X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Sill, OK (All things related)

I went through Sill in 2004 and Dragons was verboten on libo for us in Marine Battery. A couple years later some boots fresh from the school house told me that Sidewinders and Night Trips had been placed off limits too. They're really sucking all the fun out of that place.

Comment

I went straight from my boot camp training PLT to RSP recruit seperation platoon I believe its called. I spent the worse week there with guys who failed drug test, lied and said they were crazy, and pretty much all kinds of ****. Good thing is I got aa uncharacterized discharge equivalent to honorable and was able to reenlist with just having to have a doctor look at my knuckle due to pins and screws.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13D
        That's a stretch. I went to Sill for AIT, and the soldiers that went there for BCT were jokes. I came with 5 buddies from Benning, and we were amazed at how jacked up they were. There were pubes in the urinals, their beds had wrinkles in them, their towels were slung over their lockers. It was nasty. Me and those guys got our own room (308D!!!) and within a week our Platoon Sergeant was bringing guys into our room to show them what their rooms were supposed to look like.
        When I was at AIT the PS would bring s-bags into my room to show them what a room should look like. I did BCT at Sill, with Booker. There were lots of s-bags at AIT, and to hear it from you they'd all have come from Fort Sill. You have no idea what you're talking about, you had a specific experience with some pos soldiers and now you think you have Fort Sill BCT all figured out. You're wrong. As for the cell phone use, I went to BCT fully expecting to get nothing but an arrival phone call. We all thought that's what it would be. We were fortunate to have weekly oppotunities to call our loved ones. Some of you "old school" ers think that this means we got the soft treatment, the reality is that we were ridden just as hard and our phone calls came on Sundays, where you sometimes missed phone time if you went to church. But what do I know, right? Im just a Sill graduate. BCT was cake for me, you guys had it SO much rougher. You're such better soldiers than I could ever hope to be, as a result of my phone time. Whatever makes you feel like a man I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedicated
          When I was at AIT the PS would bring s-bags into my room to show them what a room should look like. I did BCT at Sill, with Booker. There were lots of s-bags at AIT, and to hear it from you they'd all have come from Fort Sill. You have no idea what you're talking about, you had a specific experience with some pos soldiers and now you think you have Fort Sill BCT all figured out. You're wrong. As for the cell phone use, I went to BCT fully expecting to get nothing but an arrival phone call. We all thought that's what it would be. We were fortunate to have weekly oppotunities to call our loved ones. Some of you "old school" ers think that this means we got the soft treatment, the reality is that we were ridden just as hard and our phone calls came on Sundays, where you sometimes missed phone time if you went to church. But what do I know, right? Im just a Sill graduate. BCT was cake for me, you guys had it SO much rougher. You're such better soldiers than I could ever hope to be, as a result of my phone time. Whatever makes you feel like a man I guess.
          Here is a little unsolicited advice. Learn to distinguish between speaking in the aggregate and in the specific. I don't think anybody claimed you are a poor soldier. I'm sure you were squared away and had your barracks looking right. I'm also sure several of my fellow Ft Knox BCT grads were dirt bags, and I know of at least one that got dismissed while in AIT. However, the claim that Ft Sill (or FLW or Jackson or Knox or Benning) BCT produces a less desireable product overall may have merit. Once you learn that; get help removing that chip on your shoulder. I belive it to be a two man job.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedicated
            When I was at AIT the PS would bring s-bags into my room to show them what a room should look like. I did BCT at Sill, with Booker.
            There were lots of s-bags at AIT, and to hear it from you they'd all have come from Fort Sill. You have no idea what you're talking about, you had a specific experience with some pos soldiers and now you think you have Fort Sill BCT all figured out. You're wrong.
            Im just a Sill graduate. BCT was cake for me, you guys had it SO much rougher. You're such better soldiers than I could ever hope to be, as a result of my phone time. Whatever makes you feel like a man I guess.

my post was a response to this:
            Originally posted by SPC Booker
            Actually when we went to AIT, the PLT Sgts said the Fort Sill basic trainers are always more productive and better disciplined than other recruits.
            i was just saying that to say one BCT is better than another is a stretch, because I had a completely different experience. I was buddies with a lot of guys from Sill and Jackson, too. The ones I hung out with were squared away as ****. In fact, some of the stories I heard about Jackson made it sound harder than my Benning experience was. Quit getting so **** defensive about your BCT. You're a soldier now, get over it.

Comment

Children children! If you haven't figured it out EVERYONES BCT experience was harder than the next.

There are some that will debate this till the end of time. Those of us that graduated from MCRD P.I.S.C don't have that problem it is simple 13 weeks of boot camp and 5 weeks of SOI then on to AIT. All male platoons and all male Drill Instructors enough said.

Only close comparison is Infantry OSUT at Fort Benning Ga. For the haters that don't believe. DD 368 and join the Marine Corps and see for yourself! You ladies had it easy

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                Children children! If you haven't figured it out EVERYONES BCT experience was harder than the next.

There are some that will debate this till the end of time. Those of us that graduated from MCRD P.I.S.C don't have that problem it is simple 13 weeks of boot camp and 5 weeks of SOI then on to AIT. All male platoons and all male Drill Instructors enough said.

Only close comparison is Infantry OSUT at Fort Benning Ga. For the haters that don't believe. DD 368 and join the Marine Corps and see for yourself! You ladies had it easy
                It's 13 weeks if you're lucky. Break some bones, and it will take several months.

Comment

I swore into the CAARNG today and will be headed to Fort Sill 20110314. Anyone else going on/around that date?

Comment

@corona85

I'm going in on that date. Add me on Facebook www.facebook.com/8kingvamp8

Comment

I just added you on fb

Comment

I'm headed to Ft. Sill on 20110321. Looking forward to the good weather.

Comment

I will be heading to Ft. Sill in January, and am hearing conflicting thoughts on cell phones. My recruiter says not to take it, but then others in the RSP say to take it as I might get some phone time. Does anyone know for sure if I should or not?

Comment

Anyone going to Fort Sill 20110614?

Comment

Originally posted by dva5222 View Post
                              Anyone going to Fort Sill 20110614?
                              I'll be there on the 7th.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by dva5222
                                I will be the one with the huge ears...
                                Well i've been told i have rather large ears too. So, if you see your reflection, it might be me.
                                haha :P

Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X