Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Sill, OK (All things related)

Originally posted by PFCBooker
    Hey Batson whats going on? I went to ft sill C 1/19th with dedicated. It was hot but as long as u stay hydrated u shouldn't have a big issue. Cell phones we got them what on sunday for 1-2 hrs. But hey batson look me up I got a facebook or e-mail me paulbookerjr@yahoo.com I talked to barber the other day. Aw and my AIT is done I'm back at home its nice a comfy... lol
    Booker my brother, I just read this. Will look you up on facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyGurl
      Hey out there

I'm 'bout to leave for Basic and AIT
      ShipDate:20090624

Anyone have a date close to that?
      I guess it's true, they are having females at Ft. Sill, unless this person posted in the wrong thread...

Comment

Originally posted by PFC Lowe
        I guess it's true, they are having females at Ft. Sill, unless this person posted in the wrong thread...
        They were definitely gearing up for females when I left at the beginning of July. It was still all male when I went through, but it's probably co-ed by now.

Comment

they have females now... I'm a female and that's where I'm scheduled for bct

Comment

I went to fort sill for basic and fort leanordwood for ait just like u did. Fort Sill well the company we was in honestly after the first few weeks wasn't that bad. Reception the first weeks sucks u spend hours upon hours waiting in lines for shots, eyeglass exam, and etc. After that first week u go over to the other side of the base for basic training. I know when I left they had it all ready for girls to start coming so I dont know if their there now. After the first 3 weeks which I believe is red phase we didn't get smoked as much. But like all platoons u have some people who are knuckle heads so u will get smoked. We PT'd everyday, minus saturday and sunday was optional to run to improve your run time. Ruck marches suck atleast for me they did. U got treadwill tower, confidence course, bayonet course, CLS(Medical training) real basic, the fob which is where u camp out for about a week and learn all kinds of mission tactics as if u were in war. Liberty city is where u actually go to rescue a hostage and have DSs and recruits shooting at u. But Fort Sill is hot especially in the summer, we had atleast 2-3 heat related incidents a day. I never was one but even I would get real weak and sleepy at times due to the heat. Each battalion is different as so is each company and DS dependant. Thats the majority of the stuff u will do, I dont know if its easier now that females are attending. Regardless of the fact is it is or not u signed up, nothing is impossible and u can do it. Good luck!!! Stay hydrated and you'll be ok.

Comment

Forgot Nick at night... thats where theres explosions all around u and DS shooting above you with live ammo, u have to low crawl with your M16 for what seems like an eternity, BRM basic riflemanship thats where u have to qualify with your rifle, u do alot of drill and ceremony(marching and face movements), throw 2 live grenades, and yeah I think thats all if I forgot something somebody will add it.

Comment

I'm ready!!! I'm guessing if i make it past red phase alive I'll be fine

Comment

Originally posted by akamilitarygirl
                  I'm ready!!! I'm guessing if i make it past red phase alive I'll be fine
                  Red Phase is *supposed* to last 3 weeks, followed by 3 weeks each of white and blue phase. But these time frames are very loose, and will depend on your platoon's discipline willingness to work. We were in Red Phase for about 5 weeks, and after a week of White Phase we got nailed for something that I dont even remember and were pushed back to Red Phase. They totally freaked out on us, told us how it was back to "Day Zero" and all this other stuff. Trying to get in our heads and freak us out. In the end we probably had about 6 weeks of Red, maybe two weeks of White and a week and a half of Blue. Doesnt matter though, just stay motivated, and dont let them get in your head.

Comment

I'm leaving for Fort Sill for basic Jan 5th. Any tips on what I should expect? What to bring...that kind of thing? I am a female also. Anything would be useful!

Comment

Originally posted by PFCBenton
                      I'm leaving for Fort Sill for basic Jan 5th. Any tips on what I should expect? What to bring...that kind of thing? I am a female also. Anything would be useful!
                      http://lmgtfy.com/?q=basic+training+packing+list

Comment

Originally posted by PFCBenton
                        The less you bring the better. When you step off the bus at 95th Reception Battalion you will be herded into a room to complete some paperwork for about an hour, which will conclude your time spent in civilian clothes - period. No matter what time of day or night you arrive, you will be issued some basic items immediately following the completion of this paperwork. You will spend the next couple of days in PT's until you get your ACU's issued, and that is all you will wear for the next 10 or 11 weeks of basic. DO bring your cell phone and charger though. When I went through 95th last April we were allowed to use our cell phones for about an hour each evening. During basic at Fort Sill my platoon was given about an hour of cell phone time every Sunday. People who left their cell phones home had to wait until a loved one sent it to them. Do not bring anything of personal or intrinsic value, it will be stolen. Reception, Basic and AIT is absolutely crawling with thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedicated
                          The less you bring the better. When you step off the bus at 95th Reception Battalion you will be herded into a room to complete some paperwork for about an hour, which will conclude your time spent in civilian clothes - period. No matter what time of day or night you arrive, you will be issued some basic items immediately following the completion of this paperwork. You will spend the next couple of days in PT's until you get your ACU's issued, and that is all you will wear for the next 10 or 11 weeks of basic. DO bring your cell phone and charger though. When I went through 95th last April we were allowed to use our cell phones for about an hour each evening. During basic at Fort Sill my platoon was given about an hour of cell phone time every Sunday. People who left their cell phones home had to wait until a loved one sent it to them. Do not bring anything of personal or intrinsic value, it will be stolen. Reception, Basic and AIT is absolutely crawling with thieves.
                          Ok thanks...so if I bring my cell phone, where will it be during basic, locked up I hope?

Comment

Im leaving out for Ft. Sill on Jan 13th.

Comment

At 95th which is reception you get to keep your cell phone in your locker which is locked. Atleast we did, then as dedicated said at basic you get your phone for about an hour on sunday. Our DS had all our cell phones locked up in the DS office. Towards the end we got our cell phones alot more the what 1-2 weeks we actually spent in blue phase... lol depending on when you go it will help out alot as well. I went to BCT with dedicated and luckily our CPT use to be an enlisted 68W so anytime it became to hot he would let us go under a tent. Drink alot of water to stay hydrated and stay motivated they will try to break you down. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SPC Booker
                                At 95th which is reception you get to keep your cell phone in your locker which is locked. Atleast we did, then as dedicated said at basic you get your phone for about an hour on sunday. Our DS had all our cell phones locked up in the DS office. Towards the end we got our cell phones alot more the what 1-2 weeks we actually spent in blue phase... lol depending on when you go it will help out alot as well. I went to BCT with dedicated and luckily our CPT use to be an enlisted 68W so anytime it became to hot he would let us go under a tent. Drink alot of water to stay hydrated and stay motivated they will try to break you down. Good luck.
                                Weak. I can't believe some BCT sites allow cell phone use.

Comment

Working...
                                X