X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cell phones

Does Drill Sergeants allow recruits at Fort Sill to use personal cell phones to call home or do they make recruits use phone they provide?

Re: cell phones

Originally posted by PVTHamlin View Post
    Does Drill Sergeants allow recruits at Fort Sill to use personal cell phones to call home or do they make recruits use phone they provide?
    You are allowed to use your own, but only when the DSs allow it. We actually had our phones but had to put our battery into a labeled ziploc bag and they were all locked in a file cabinet which was then locked in ANOTHER closet. When they said it was phone time, everyone mad scrambled to get their chargers and batteries. If you have an iPhone, the whole thing is taken because the battery cannot be removed.

DO NOT try to keep your phone...bad things will happen.

DO NOT be 'that soldier' that when the DSs say "times up!!" you try for a few last kissies......bad things will happen.

Comment

Thanks, So how is the airplane ride to Fort Sill

Comment

Never been on an airplane before so I'm kind of nervous.

Comment

Thanks, So how is the airplane ride to Fort Sill
          It all depends on where you are flying in from. I won't know as I'm within distance for the bus....booooo, lol.

Comment

An airplane ride is an airplane ride....It's not like you're in a boat.

Comment

I leave for Fort Sill on Sept 10th so ill be there like 2 weeks before you. I'm leaving from Pittsburgh, I assume I'll stop in ATL to switch planes if its a normal flight. Anyway, I just went to Florida a few months ago for hockey nationals and was nervous as it was my first real flight. Just try to relax on the plane and just know that pretty much any small bumps you feel is considered "normal" on a plane..at least that's what everyone told me.

Comment

Thanks. I most likely will be leaving from Charleston WV.

Comment

Working...
                X