X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Training

I leave to Fort Sill for basic training 20130930. When is the estimated time (if everything goes smooth) I will graduate from BCT and will I go on leave after BCT for Christmas Exodus or will the send me to AIT then Christmas Exodus? I know the most important thing is focusing on getting through BCT so what should I do to prepare.

Re: Basic Training

You'll more than likely be in AIT prior to Exodus. Don't worry about it, it will be taken care of. Right Place, Right Time, Right Uniform, Do What You're Told....keys to success in BCT and AIT. All you need to focus on prior to is getting in shape physically and mentally.

Comment

Should I start waking up early and what is the distances/time I should run?

Comment

Waking up early won't do anything for you really. Perhaps the last 2-3 days before you leave you might want to try to get in the bed by 10:00. Your pre-ship drill will get you into the proper sleep cycles anyway.

As far as running goes, the APFT is for 2 miles but if you can't turn in a quality run at that distance start off at 1 mile or even half a mile. You'll have 10 weeks to get your time to where it needs to be. I'm guessing on your age, but you need to run it in less than 16 minutes to pass. So that's what you can strive for.

Comment

Working...
        X