X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far away can airport be when Army makes return home flight arrangement

All, looking for inputs regarding my son's return from AIT situation. He graduated today from B Battery, 2-6 ADA. We live near Cincinnati and just found out that his return flight tomorrow is to Akron (220 miles away opposite corner of the state). Called up his Platoon Sergeant a few minutes ago, was told he (the Platoon Sergeant) didn't pick up the tickets till 2pm today, and that the Army bases the airport choice on lowest pricing. Our son has been asking for some time regarding his flight arrangements home. I understand looking for the lowest price option, but the Akron Airport is 220 miles away from our home and figured there has to be a maximum distance in this decision process. This means a 440 mile round trip for us to pick him up. On top of that, he arrives at 11:00 pm, which means we won't be leaving the airport until 11:30 or 12 midnight, then have to drive for almost 4 hours. I was in the military for 10 years and have all the respect for the Army, but our soldiers need to be treated better than this. I will make some calls to the National Guard local recruiting office, they have always been very helpful, but at that point it will be too late. Just a bit frustrated right now in that they wait till the very last minute to let us know we have 8 hours of travel tomorrow to get our son home.
Working...
X