X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Option; BCT 6/11/13 Ft. Sill

My daughter is a high school junior who just completed MEPS this week. Her ship out date to Ft. Sill for basic training is 6/11/13. She will be drilling one weekend a month until she leaves. Any advice or suggestions? I can't imagine what the heat will be like in OK through the summer but she isn't worried (ignorance is bliss, I suppose). She will complete AIT after her senior year, next summer.

Re: Split Option; BCT 6/11/13 Ft. Sill

Originally posted by ambrosegrlz View Post
    My daughter is a high school junior who just completed MEPS this week. Her ship out date to Ft. Sill for basic training is 6/11/13. She will be drilling one weekend a month until she leaves. Any advice or suggestions? I can't imagine what the heat will be like in OK through the summer but she isn't worried (ignorance is bliss, I suppose). She will complete AIT after her senior year, next summer.
    Fort Sill is HOT in the summer. Tell her to listen to her Drill Sergeants when they say "drink water."

Comment

It's a dry, sometimes windy, heat.....like a blow dryer to face.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!!

Comment

Ha, that's a day before I shipped for Sill. It's hottttttt hot hot there. Water, drink it all through reception too. Look at packing lists and decide what's for you (her) or not.

Comment

Hello, my name is Cathy, I leave June 10 for Ft Sill. I'm from AZ, so is the heat as bad or worse than my home state? Thanks!

Comment

I'd say worse. I've spent time at both Huachuca and Sill during the mid summer and I tell you, Sill was baaaad...

Comment

It's not that dry heat that sneaks up on you but rather the humid, dripping, sweaty, muggy kind that drains you. At least you know to stay hydrated by the amount of wet laundry you are wearing....

Comment

Working...
              X