Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Packing for BCT for Ft. Sill Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Packing for BCT for Ft. Sill

    We only had 50 females in our bay, so with 2 per hour, everyone had it a couple days a week. I volunteered Monday - Friday 02:00 - 03:00....crappy shift, but by the time I finished mopping the bay it was over.... so then I wasn't put on the schedule for Saturday night (Sunday mornings we got to sleep until 07:00 if you didn't attend church) which means I slept from 21:00 / 22:00 (I forget when lights out was) to 07:00 once a week. Everyone thought I was SOOOO nice taking a doody shift but sacrificing a little, got me alot, once a week.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Packing for BCT for Ft. Sill

      Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
      We only had 50 females in our bay, so with 2 per hour, everyone had it a couple days a week. I volunteered Monday - Friday 02:00 - 03:00....crappy shift, but by the time I finished mopping the bay it was over.... so then I wasn't put on the schedule for Saturday night (Sunday mornings we got to sleep until 07:00 if you didn't attend church) which means I slept from 21:00 / 22:00 (I forget when lights out was) to 07:00 once a week. Everyone thought I was SOOOO nice taking a doody shift but sacrificing a little, got me alot, once a week.
      Very smart. Now I know why you won honor graduate. I can't function on six hours sleep. I require 8/9 hours of sleep. I love weekends and DONSAS.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Packing for BCT for Ft. Sill

        Chris, I took your advice and will do the same thing this summer. Thank you

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Packing for BCT for Ft. Sill

          Originally posted by npthaiduong View Post
          Can I volunteer to be a FireGuard? I used to do that when I was in BoyScout every time we went camping. As a former Scout Master (Wood Badge), I like to take more responsibility, help me grow faster
          In AIT the going rate was $10 for a day and $20 a night shift to take someone's fireguard duty. Some people who never wanted to go out on the weekends would be on fireguard all day and make TONS of money. In BCT though, once the roster was made, you had to stick to it. If the DS came in and saw someone on fire guard who was not on the schedule there was all sorts of hell to pay. Also, you won't want to do it all the time. You will quickly value your sleep in BCT.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Packing for BCT for Ft. Sill

            This is off topic, but $10 bucks a day?! Is this the Columbian Army? If I could pay some dillweed to work for me for the cost of a subway meal deal, life would be much less complicated. Adjusting for inflation, I wouldn't take less than $75 a shift (assuming it's an 8-10 hour day shift)...and lets be honest, that's a bargain too.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Packing for BCT for Ft. Sill

              Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
              So depending on the numbers in your platoon, you should get it like every 8 days. I had 70 trainees in my platoon. I would keep that "wood" badge to yourself.
              Between company CQ, BN CQ, and 4-,6-, and 8-man fireguards as punishments, our 60 man PLT averaged fireguard about every other night. Granted this was at Benning, but still.....only every 8 days?!

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Packing for BCT for Ft. Sill

                Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
                This is off topic, but $10 bucks a day?! Is this the Columbian Army? If I could pay some dillweed to work for me for the cost of a subway meal deal, life would be much less complicated. Adjusting for inflation, I wouldn't take less than $75 a shift (assuming it's an 8-10 hour day shift)...and lets be honest, that's a bargain too.
                I don't know about jaydez, but for me $10 was for 1-2 hours, not a full 8-10 hour shift. Privates in IET didn't do full shifts, it was only Permanent Party E-5 and above that did all day (12 or 24 hour CQ).

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Packing for BCT for Ft. Sill

                  Originally posted by enceladus View Post
                  Between company CQ, BN CQ, and 4-,6-, and 8-man fireguards as punishments, our 60 man PLT averaged fireguard about every other night. Granted this was at Benning, but still.....only every 8 days?!
                  This sounds about right. I got a full night's sleep once every 3 days at Ft. Benning. The best nights were the 50% shifts. One side of the bay is on for an hour, then the other side, back and forth all night.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Packing for BCT for Ft. Sill

                    Originally posted by PALINATHAS View Post
                    I don't know about jaydez, but for me $10 was for 1-2 hours, not a full 8-10 hour shift. Privates in IET didn't do full shifts, it was only Permanent Party E-5 and above that did all day (12 or 24 hour CQ).
                    Correct. That was $10 per 1-hour shift. In AIT we had the shifts broken up into 1 hour sections. And they made us do fireguard rotations from 2000 on Friday straight through to 0500 Monday.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X