X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13B info anybody?

Can any 13b's share their information about how Fort Sill was?

Re: 13B info anybody?

Hot in the summer, freezing in the winter.

Comment

Ill be heading there april 9th, so hopefully ill get some spring weather. By the time AIT gets there im sure it will be hot as **** though.

Still looking for somebody who has attended 13B OSUT. Need some information about family day and graduation

Comment

I attended 13B Osut

Comment

awesome. somebody who has actually been there for 13b that I can get a straight anwser from!

What is BCT graduation and family day like for OSUT? Is it a 36 hour pass to spend with your family? Do most familys attend both bct and ait grad or do we just have a big thing after AIT?

Comment

There is no BCT graduation for OSUT. Only one graduation at the end. When we switched from basic to AIT it went like this, one morning our drill sgts just said "congratulations, your now in AIT, now get down and start pushing".

Comment

I did not attend OSUT, as I was an 09S female, but I just graduated Fort Sill October 2011 and the 13 series (OSUTs) from my battery had their gear in the stake bed before first formation at 06:30, they attended graduation with us, were allowed until about 16:00 with their families and then they were required to report back to the battery to be bussed back a crossed the tracks for AIT.

Comment

Im assuming I will find all of thise out once I get there. My family just keeps asking questions about family day and all that good stuff.

So I should tell them it will most likely just be one graduation after ait?

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina4eva View Post
                  Im assuming I will find all of thise out once I get there. My family just keeps asking questions about family day and all that good stuff.

So I should tell them it will most likely just be one graduation after ait?
                  The soldiers in my battery were allowed to spend family day (Thursday) and Graduation (Friday) with their families until about 16:00 on graduation. Again this was my particular battery as of October 2011, so I have no knowledge of if the others are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                    The soldiers in my battery were allowed to spend family day (Thursday) and Graduation (Friday) with their families until about 16:00 on graduation. Again this was my particular battery as of October 2011, so I have no knowledge of if the others are the same.
                    Exactly eons ago. You salty vet!!

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                      Exactly eons ago. You salty vet!!
                      My point was actually that it is pretty recent, so maybe that is how Fort Sill does it now.

Feels like eons though.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                        I did not attend OSUT, as I was an 09S female, but I just graduated Fort Sill October 2011 and the 13 series (OSUTs) from my battery had their gear in the stake bed before first formation at 06:30, they attended graduation with us, were allowed until about 16:00 with their families and then they were required to report back to the battery to be bussed back a crossed the tracks for AIT.
                        Were those 13Bs or just other 13 series? The reason I ask is because not all 13 series are OSUT, they may do both basic and ait at Sill, but still not in the same Btry.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                          Were those 13Bs or just other 13 series? The reason I ask is because not all 13 series are OSUT, they may do both basic and ait at Sill, but still not in the same Btry.
                          I do not remember the exact MOS's unfortunately; I just remember them yelling the night before graduation that all 13 series ''better have their bags on the steak bed by 06:30!!''

I apologize if I have caused confusion.

Comment

I did basic at the 1/19th, then AIT at the 1/79th. It was concurrent, but not OSUT. This was for 13B.

Comment

Working...
                            X