X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Feb 29

My recruiter originally gave me a "Tentative" ship date of August 29th and said I would be at Ft. Benning. I swore in yesterday and my official ship date is Feb 29 to Ft. Sill. Anyone else shipping that day? Also, how would you say that basic differs from Ft Benning and Ft Sill?

Re: Shipping Feb 29

Ft. Benning is all males.

Comment

Fort Benning is home of the infantry, which means running every day and much more PT than Sill. I graduated from Sill in May, and BCT there was a joke.

Comment

In that case, hopefully I will be picked up for a slot at Ft Benning before then. I am entering as an 09S but have already been assigned a slot in an Infantry unit. I would much rather go through a more difficult and intensive BCT. I even hinted a bit to my recruiter about going through Infantry BCT which from my understanding is more of a mix of BCT and AIT and goes for 14 weeks.

Anyone have any input?

Comment

Originally posted by corona85 View Post
          Fort Benning is home of the infantry, which means running every day and much more PT than Sill. I graduated from Sill in May, and BCT there was a joke.
          If you were at sill than how do you "know" it is so much better at benning?

Comment

Originally posted by fobnicat View Post
            In that case, hopefully I will be picked up for a slot at Ft Benning before then. I am entering as an 09S but have already been assigned a slot in an Infantry unit. I would much rather go through a more difficult and intensive BCT. I even hinted a bit to my recruiter about going through Infantry BCT which from my understanding is more of a mix of BCT and AIT and goes for 14 weeks.

Anyone have any input?
            it's BCT. each IET recruit learns the exact same rudimentary fundamentals of a combat soldier. at this phase, it's about tearing down and rebuilding, the Army way. you will learn Combat life saving, Drill and Ceremony, Weapons Proficiency, Land navigation, radio operations, and small fireteam manuevers etc. Your next school for your chosen MOS, will teach you your job. Each of the respective training sites have what is called O.S.U.T.(one station unit training) where you are engrained with the same NCO's from basic all the way through your MOS school. Fort Benning is the Home of the Infantry, Fort Sill is the Field Artillery, CAV SCOUT OSUT. Leonard wood is the MP/CBRNE Training site and Jackson is admin. my MOS was 18 weeks, not including a month waiting to get in a class nor in/out processing. Your training dosen't start untill you arrive at your Training Battery/company. Ft Sill is home to the 95th Adjunct General Reception Batalion. this is a holding pen for in-processing, medical evaluation, and uniform/supply issue. your stay here ranges between a week to 10 days depending on the availibility of an opening company sized space to transfer recruits.

Comment

Working...
            X