X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft,Sill

Wondering What its like for basic? Getting a tad nervous. I'm out of shape, trying to get in shape. the PT at basic is the only thing i'm really nervous about.

Re: Ft,Sill

When do you ship?

Alex

Comment

rather than start a new thread I'd figure I post here.I also want to know what basic training is like at Ft. Sill, especially now that it's coed. Is it softer?

Comment

Thats what she said

Comment

lmao! Good one Staff Sergeant!

Comment

I went through Ft. Sill and graduated June of this year. I was in C 1/40. It was a cake walk. We almost never got smoked. The bays were never tossed unless you left your locker unlocked. You got at least an hour of personal time every night, and my platoon got our phones every Sunday from just after lunch to just after dinner.

Dont get me wrong, it's still BCT, but its no where near as bad as I was planning for it to be. The only parts I had trouble with were being homesick when I became ill (happened twice while there) and getting laundry done (4 working washers and dryers for 100 soldiers). Oh, and we only had hot water half the time in the building while I was there.

Red Phase wasnt bad, white was challenging, and by the end of blue phase the DS's treated us like human beeings. For BRM at Ft. Sill you shoot slick.

I really enjoyed BCT there.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydez View Post
              I went through Ft. Sill and graduated June of this year. I was in C 1/40. It was a cake walk. We almost never got smoked. The bays were never tossed unless you left your locker unlocked. You got at least an hour of personal time every night, and my platoon got our phones every Sunday from just after lunch to just after dinner.

Dont get me wrong, it's still BCT, but its no where near as bad as I was planning for it to be. The only parts I had trouble with were being homesick when I became ill (happened twice while there) and getting laundry done (4 working washers and dryers for 100 soldiers). Oh, and we only had hot water half the time in the building while I was there.

Red Phase wasnt bad, white was challenging, and by the end of blue phase the DS's treated us like human beeings. For BRM at Ft. Sill you shoot slick.

I really enjoyed BCT there.
              I was at C 1/40 13 years ago

1st to fight, last to fall, Charlie rock is standing tall....is that still the motto?

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                I was at C 1/40 13 years ago

1st to fight, last to fall, Charlie rock is standing tall....is that still the motto?
                Ha! They never gave us a motto for the Battery.

Comment

That's a shame...Here I was expecting some hardcore training... What about OSUT for the Artillery MOS's are they still male only?

Comment

Originally posted by jc091393 View Post
                    That's a shame...Here I was expecting some hardcore training... What about OSUT for the Artillery MOS's are they still male only?
                    Yeh, girls make everything so...soft.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
                      That's also what she said.

But yea, any 10 series job is male only still. GI Jane didn't change anything yet lol

Comment

[QUOTE=jc091393;135217]That's a shame...Here I was expecting some hardcore training... What about OSUT for the Artillery MOS's are they still male only?[/QUOTE

When you get there you should tell them that. They will make sure you get all that your expecting from your training. As far as I know, combat MOSes are still male only lol. You may see the rare female over there in AIT, but it quickly turns into a sausage fest when one mistakenly stumbles anywhere near the smoking pits lol. All I can tell you is good luck and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by tnguy28 View Post
                          When you get there you should tell them that. They will make sure you get all that your expecting from your training. As far as I know, combat MOSes are still male only lol. You may see the rare female over there in AIT, but it quickly turns into a sausage fest when one mistakenly stumbles anywhere near the smoking pits lol. All I can tell you is good luck and enjoy!
                          I am aware what it means to get smoked, is that same meaning, when you say smoking pits? Exactly what would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
                            I guess it's a good think DADT is on it's way out then, SGT?

I'm not sure if Sill is the same as FLW, but we had giant pits of shredded tires where our PLT or whole company would enjoy some quality time with the DS's. The tires ****** because you always knew if you were going over there it was going to be ****, moving in them kicked up dust, and sweating in them left your hands and ACU's streaked with black. Good times. I think Benning has the same concept but with sand? Not sure if that's what he was referring to, but that's what our smoking pits were.

Comment

I was under the impression 'getting smoked' referred to everyone being subjected to additional, immediate PT or other discipline, no matter the time of day, for the transgressions of either one, a few or all.

I too am headed for Fort Sill, but not until 20110809. I am very interested in anyones stories regarding their experience, especially from the 'female perspective'.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X