X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.t.c

Headed out to WTC 20100802 any others gonna be there at the same time? Any info will be appreciated, thank you

Re: W.t.c

I left Ft. Sill in June. It was H-O-T! August, from what the DS said will be be even hotter with more humidity. It was close to 100 every day for the last week I was there ending 11 June 10. They said in July and August the temp is over almost 100 everyday.

Drink water... lots and lots of water; find shade often; the constant wind there, especially up on the ranges, helps keep you cool to a point. The breeze around the barracks feels like walking into a hair dryer when it blows, but on the ranges it is much cooler and refreshing. There is almost no natural shade on the ranges. Make sure you have sunscreen. Don't need to worry about bugspray except for ticks when you are out in the tall grass because most of the misquitos and flys cant fly in the wind there.

Watch out for scorpions, black widdows, and rattle snakes on the FOB if you go there.

If you can shop at the main PX, do so, the shoppette in the IET area is expensive and doesnt have much of a selection.

I dont know anything about the actual WTC course, I was just there for BCT this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydez View Post
      Watch out for scorpions, black widdows, and rattle snakes on the FOB if you go there.
      Oh dear, I think I just had a minor anxiety attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit View Post
        Oh dear, I think I just had a minor anxiety attack.
        I was there AUG-OCT and it was hot (112 roughly) but it is a dry heat so its like a constant blow dryer in the face; I preferred it to humidity. I didn't see ANY rattlesnakes or black widoes but a female in my platoon got stung my a scorpoin on her bum becuase it was at night and she didn't check with her flashlight before she went potty. I did see armadillos though and I'd never seen those before being from Michigan.

We didn't get to go to the main PX except for occasionally, I was good with the shopette. Hydrate ALL the time and the DS's will take care of the rest depending on the heat cat (which is usually 5), take care of your feet and you'll be fine.

Comment

Wow you woke up a dead thread Gambit.

Wish I would have seen the OP in 2010. Not sure if WTC for Warrior Transition Course or Warrior Training Center. Most likely the former seeing as how the OP was prior Navy but you never know.

Comment

Working...
          X