X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Leonard Wood, Mo (All things related)

its cold right now and we have had a few snow flurries today...got to love this weather in this miserable state!

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRN
      I saw the "bubbles" where they do PT in bad weather.
      Funny thing is I only seen the inside of one of those bubbles 2 times out of the 19 weeks I was there. The weather didn't matter to our cadre. lol We did PT during a tornado warning!

Comment

I'm from St. Charles, MO right outside of St. Louis. I'm used to this weather. As used to 62 degrees on sunny on Tuesday and 34 degrees and snowing on Wendsday as you can get. I have lived here all my life and there is really no way to be able to get used to this weather. I live in a hilly area, but the Ozark Mountains down there have real freak weather changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerforce
          its cold right now and we have had a few snow flurries today...got to love this weather in this miserable state!
          Leonardwood, is the only place I have been in a downpour and dust storm at the same time, odd. They only have gravel and powdery dirt dust, and a walmart, thats it. Well the knock off chain resturants Chilis = Peppers and Outback = Aussie Jacks... Thought that was weird.

Comment

Originally posted by kswat07
            Funny thing is I only seen the inside of one of those bubbles 2 times out of the 19 weeks I was there. The weather didn't matter to our cadre. lol We did PT during a tornado warning!
            So true, we only went in there when it was pouring out. Once we did do morning PT in our training bay though, which was kind of worse. We'd be out in the 'pit' with the rubber chips every morning and the other companies would be out in the bubble.

Phantom's right about there being nothing to do as well. On our two passes, we went to the PX, we exchanged uniforms and then we were totally bored.

Comment

anyone shipping out 20100602? 31B

Comment

I hear you get your cell phones after red phase there, all the people that went did. I could only get that lucky at jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
                  I hear you get your cell phones after red phase there, all the people that went did. I could only get that lucky at jackson.

I hear you get very bad Intel... Relaxin Jackson...... Mother Benning.... Fort Lost in the Woods.... Which one sounds like the Cake Walk?

Comment

Said it was commanders policy according to rsp cadre, who knows.

Comment

Correct, do you know know many CDRs there are in the Military? Remember RSP is the Front Line Reporters for the PNN

Comment

We got our cell phones back.

2 days before graduation. HAHAHHAA we got about 5 phone calls total. most were 10 minutes or less and we got one pass for 3 hours. good stuff.

Comment

I'm shipping out to FLW on the 27th of this month, 13B. I was hoping to get OSUT over at Fort Sill since I'm headed there for AIT but I think I'm glad that I will be at Fort Leonard Wood. I live around this area and know the weather well, PT in this humidity will simply be par for the course.

Comment

I ship out to FLW 20130910 is anyone else going at that time?

Comment

Anyone seen recently how old grizzly PS NCOs get treated at FLW?

Comment

Working...
                              X