X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Leonard Wood for PS Navy.

Prior service PO2 Gunners Mate. My ship date is 20140203. My MOS is 11B. Anyone know why Im heading to Ft. Leonard Wood and not Ft. Benning ?

Thanks !

Do you know if you are being awarded 11B MOS after BCT or are you actually scheduled to attend 11B Advanced individual training (AIT)?

Comment

SF Hunter,

At the moment, I don't have a scheduled AIT. I was told that I may be going to Utah for a "crash course" for 11B ? After BCT, I am going to be heading back to California and doing a Gold Ceremony with my unit that is based in Auburn. Just trying to put pieces together on what's going on right now.

Thanks !

Comment

Okay, then that makes sense. Usually, prior service will attend MOS training at a National Guard Regional Training Institute (RTI). So, your location for BCT really doesn't matter and all comes down to available ship dates/slots.

Comment

SF Hunter,

Excellent ! Good to know. How is it for prior service going through BCT ?

Thanks

Comment

Usually, you and any other prior service will be put in you own platoon or squad together. The Drill Instructors (DI) will usually keep you somewhat separated from the new recruits (you are bad influences..haha). You will go through the same required training but at arms length, so-to-speak. It can all vary with the BCT company you end up being assigned too.

Comment

SF Hunter,

Good to know ! I'm actually looking forward to BCT !

Comment

Update... My recruiter called me the other day and said that I will be able to schedule my AIT at MEPS before I ship out. Possibility of doing OSUT at Ft. Benning now ? I don't know why the Army would pay for me to go to Ft. Lost in the Woods and have me transfer to Infantry school at Ft. Benning? Thanks, gents !

Comment

Working...
                X