X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Lenordwood Letters?

My boyfriend left June 4th the last I heard from him was that night at 11:30pm. I'm guessing as soon as he got to reception they took his phone. I was wondering when will he be able to write letters?

Re: Fort Lenordwood Letters?

He will once he gets to his permanent training unit.

Comment

Do you know what basic is like the first few days? At FLW?

Comment

Originally posted by D1221 View Post
        Do you know what basic is like the first few days? At FLW?
        The first few days at FLW consisted of waiting in lines. Moving from station to station to make sure all of your paperwork is squared away. For me that lasted for 4 days (Summer 2012). Oh and slow leisurely eating. When we weren't standing in line, we were sitting waiting to stand in line. We then proceeded to read our Blue Books IOT be squared away when we got to our training company. Your boyfriend won't have an opportunity to actually send mail until he's gotten out of Reception.

Comment

Originally posted by mbe View Post
          ....slow leisurely eating.
          What?? Even at reception we had to (silently) get in, eat with a purpose and get the H E L L OUT. I was at Sill, not FLW, but 'leisurely' was not on he menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
            What?? Even at reception we had to (silently) get in, eat with a purpose and get the H E L L OUT. I was at Sill, not FLW, but 'leisurely' was not on he menu.
            I have no idea what he's talking about. I got less time to eat at reception than I did in BCT/AIT when I was at the 43rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Rescue View Post
              I have no idea what he's talking about. I got less time to eat at reception than I did in BCT/AIT when I was at the 43rd.
              +1

Comment

I can't remember much about Reception at Sill, but I don't think they stressed us too much during chow. But BCT was definitely silent. AIT was like Golden Corral though.

Comment

I was screamed at more and rushed WAY more at reception. Once we were across the tracks, as long as you kept your head down and ate in a timely manner, you were good.

Comment

I just got back from BCT at Fort Leonard Wood, the 43rd wasn't too bad looking at it now but it was not great either. A bunch of standing in lines, sitting around, and having nothing to do all day. You will know your blue book word for word by the end of reception... To answer your question though, while I was at reception, I was able to send letters but I could not receive them (I sent two to my parents to let them know that I was okay). But once I got to my BCT unit (Bravo 35th EN BN) 9 days later, then I was able to send out my mailing address so that I could send and receive letters, which was the greatest thing while at basic. The only thing you should be aware of is that the Army is super slow and your mail will get to him but it takes a good while to finish the shipping process (typically 3-4 days until either of you will see one anothers mail) but definitely send him mail CONSTANTLY, it is the best feeling just to hear your name called during mail call.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBrayden View Post
                      .... it is the best feeling just to hear your name called during mail call.
                      THIS +1,000,000

Comment

Working...
                      X