X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Fort Leonard Wood!

Okay so i was wondering what the sleeping arrangment at Fort Leonard Wood. Are the boys seperated from girls or? Just curious to know because my boyfriend is about to go to basic and i want to make sure hes going to get fed,have a nice place to sleep,not to be left for dead. Just if anybody has any information they can give me that would be great! Thank you

Re: Question about Fort Leonard Wood!

Originally posted by D1221 View Post
    Okay so i was wondering what the sleeping arrangment at Fort Leonard Wood. Are the boys seperated from girls or? Just curious to know because my boyfriend is about to go to basic and i want to make sure hes going to get fed,have a nice place to sleep,not to be left for dead. Just if anybody has any information they can give me that would be great! Thank you
    After I snorted my coffee out of my nose.....

No, males and females do not bunk together. Yes, they have coed platoons and must work together. About the only time sleep will be coed is the end of cycle FTX... and that is usually in a Patrol Base setting.

A) He will be fed. B) Nice place to sleep? Well, he'll have a rack. C) No, he will not be left for dead (Ref - The Soldiers Creed).

Also, hit up YouTube and search for Army Basic Training. There are a ton of good videos and what not that will give you a sanitized idea of what goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
      After I snorted my coffee out of my nose.....

No, males and females do not bunk together. Yes, they have coed platoons and must work together. About the only time sleep will be coed is the end of cycle FTX... and that is usually in a Patrol Base setting.

A) He will be fed. B) Nice place to sleep? Well, he'll have a rack. C) No, he will not be left for dead (Ref - The Soldiers Creed).

Also, hit up YouTube and search for Army Basic Training. There are a ton of good videos and what not that will give you a sanitized idea of what goes on.
      It may depend where you go to BCT, but what I saw was they don't even do this anymore. In every FTX we did, all the females in the Company were pulled out and put in their own perimeter(s). At the final FTX when we slept in the big greens, the same thing applied and they basically got a tent to themselves.

Comment

Thank you so much ! I will deffinatly go on youtube and look stuff up! Well I know he won't have the best place to sleep but just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be in a hole. I watch a lot of army movies,Which makes it worse. But this is very helpful info
        I also heard that they mess with your mind about your girlfriend or if you send them pictures of just you and him they throw it away in front of them...

Comment

Thank you so much ! I will deffinatly go on youtube and look stuff up! Well I know he won't have the best place to sleep but just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be in a hole. I watch a lot of army movies,Which makes it worse. But this is very helpful info
          I also heard that they mess with your mind about your girlfriend or if you send them pictures of just you and him they throw it away in front of them...
          I've NEVER heard of them throwing pictures away...HOWEVER... if it is apparent there are photos in the envelope the DSs WILL open it in front of everyone to make sure they are not indecent. So be mindful of what you send. We were only allowed 2 pics in our locker, but I put mine of my husband and kids in my religious book so if my locker got torn apart the pictures would not get lost. If he only takes one or two, he should be fine. They are nice to look at in the evening when you're missing family...but don't inundate him with 100 pictures....he'll just get teased OR made to do push ups to see them.

Don't pay attention to movies...they will just weird you out in one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
            Don't pay attention to movies...they will just weird you out in one way or the other.
            Or just watch 'Stripes' or 'In the Army Now'.... classics!!

Comment

Excellent 11B AIT movie is Tigerland. OP, I been to two boot camps, two officer producing schools and two police academies. It is a piece of cake.
              Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; May 8th, 2013, 07:13 PM.

Comment

How long do they have there phones at Fort Leonardwood before they take them? Do they get them back eventually for every sunday?

Comment

How long do they have there phones at Fort Leonardwood before they take them? Do they get them back eventually for every sunday?
                  Every Battalion, Company, and Platoon is different. There is no hard and fast rule.

Within my own Company at BCT, some Platoons got their phones on weekends and some didn't. I was one of the didn'ts, and it really is at the discretion of the DSs. We weren't bad, he just didn't like phones. We got maybe 3, 5 minutes phone calls on the pay phones the entire cycle and that was it. The first time I saw my phone again was at 2 weeks before graduation, and that's only because we got out on Christmas Exodus. I didn't even bring it back for the last 2 weeks, I just left it with my wife at that point and she brough it to graduation. I went to Ft. Jackson but the same idea applies. Just because some guy that just went to FLW says he had his phone won't mean your BF will get his, and vice versa. Be flexible and temper your expectations.

Comment

BN, Company and cadre specific.

Plan on not having it any any time you do, it's a nice luxury.

Comment

The sleeping areas/ Dorms for Basic Training are strictly non-coed. He will get everything he need so don't worry. The Drill Instructors are the most professional people in the Country. They will tell your boyfriend that they (Drill Instructors) are his new Mommy and Daddy, and they will force him into Manhood with strategic techniques making it imperative for him to want to do for himself !

Comment

Well he left on June 4th a few days ago. Last I heard from him was that night at 11:30pm,I'm guessing when he got to reception they took his phone. I'm wondering when can he start writing letters? I know this was be frustrating but I'm just curious to know

Comment

Working...
                        X