• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping out for BCT 20130910... What to expect at Ft. Leonard Wood

I would like an idea of what to expect at Basic Training when I ship out on
    Last edited by TxIntel 1978; July 18th, 2013, 04:43 PM. Reason: OPSEC

Re: Shipping out for BCT 20130910... What to expect at Ft. Leonard Wood

This is a really broad question. What do you want to know?

Comment

Push ups, sit ups, and running........anything else?

Comment

I'm shipping out on the same day, where are you leaving from/ what's your MOS?

Comment

Im leaving from Miami. My MOS is 92A

Comment

A bubble bath......warm towels....puppies and kittens. It will be great! You'll do great!

Comment

I'll be there with you champ. Best of luck.

Comment

Btw it's against regulations to post ship dates based on what I was recently told so you might want to remove this

Comment

Yes you are correct. No one needs to know that.

Comment

If you see a skunk, see how close you can get to it without it knowing....your DS will reward you abundantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
                      If you see a skunk, see how close you can get to it without it knowing....your DS will reward you abundantly.
                      Ha! This! I remember one morning running out to the PT pit and I saw some black animal rummaging around a group of bushes near our barracks. Of course I detoured to the bushes to get a closer look and then I noticed the white stripe down it's back. Thankfully I didn't get sprayed but after that I made sure to just ignore the wildlife in Leonard Wood.

Op, just stay motivated and you will get through BCT fine. When you first get there it will suck but eventually you will phase up and things will get a little better. Just always do the right thing and remember that 'wherever you go, there's a drill sergeant there', so don't do something stupid and think nobody will see you. We had someone in my Company get restarted to WK0 Day1 for sneaking off to the PX after Church 1 week before graduation. Don't be that guy. If you have specific questions let me know, I graduated from FLW last month.

Comment

• ashley_aaw
                        ashley_aaw commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How did you prepare for the running part prior to basic training

Fort Leonard Wood isn't too bad, I just graduated last week from BCT... I go back next summer for AIT. The weather is miserable and you will freeze your butt of in the morning and then will instantly start burning up throughout the day (We were in Heat Cat 4 and 5 almost every single day that I was there). Keep your head up, try to find as much motivation as you can, don't quit and don't go to sick call unless absolutely necessary, don't be that guy and fill out a sick call slip every day for every single bump and scrape that you have while at basic. Just do what you're told, do your best to be a team player, don't do stuff that you're not supposed to and remember that you are always wrong. I will tell you this also, Blue Phase was my greatest experience while at BCT and once you get there, you will know what I am talking about... If you have any questions, just message me personally and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Comment

Working...
                      X