Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Blood pressure test at reception battalion?? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blood pressure test at reception battalion??

    I had Trouble with the Blood Pressure test at MEPS, I guess I get nervous and had to get three good reading from my doctor and submitted those and was able to swear in which i guess is kinda like a waiver. Anyways If anyone has been to BCT lately if you could tell me if you have to do a Blood pressure test at reception? Thank you everyonee

  • #2
    Re: Blood pressure test at reception battalion??

    I had pretty much the same problem but I have not yet went to BCT so I couldn't tell you if they check it in Reception but I'm sure someone here will know.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Blood pressure test at reception battalion??

      Originally posted by Theone777 View Post
      I had Trouble with the Blood Pressure test at MEPS, I guess I get nervous and had to get three good reading from my doctor and submitted those and was able to swear in which i guess is kinda like a waiver. Anyways If anyone has been to BCT lately if you could tell me if you have to do a Blood pressure test at reception? Thank you everyonee
      Yep, they'll check again at reception. And no you didn't get "kinda like a waiver". Either you got a no-go and was sent home to wait for a medical waiver or you got a go the day you were at MEPS. Since you were sworn in, then you got a go. So, yes, again, your blood pressure will be checked again at reception.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Blood pressure test at reception battalion??

        Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
        Either you got a no-go and was sent home to wait for a medical waiver or you got a go the day you were at MEPS.
        Not true for me. I was a no go the first day at MEPS do to elevated blood pressure readings, over the next few days I had my family doctor check my BP readings and then turned them back into MEPS. Within a few days of submitting the readings my recruiter called me and told me I was good to go and I swore in a few days later. There was never mention of an actual waiver, I believe the MEPS doctors just reviewed my family doctor's findings and were satisfied enough to give me a go. It sounds like this same thing happened to the OP.

        I've already researched this question for myself and what I've gathered is if they do check it just be prepared to explain that it is common for your BP to be elevated during physician checks. I would suggest bringing any documentation you can muster for this as well. I for one am bringing a letter from my doctor confirming my vitals are normally excellent. Also, try breathing techniques to calm yourself down before taking it. I can usually lower my pulse in the 50's by practicing tactical breathing but doesn't due much for my BP in a medical environment.

        Best of luck!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Blood pressure test at reception battalion??

          Originally posted by SierraBravo View Post
          Not true for me. I was a no go the first day at MEPS do to elevated blood pressure readings, over the next few days I had my family doctor check my BP readings and then turned them back into MEPS.
          You missed the point of my response. You were sent home so you could get a second opinion on your blood pressure results not sent home with 'a kind of a waiver'. Either a person gets sent home so their recruiter can acquire a waiver or not. There is no 'kind of a waiver'.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Blood pressure test at reception battalion??

            I would Suggest what SierraBravo said and try and bring documents from your doctor saying you have this problem. Its good to know there's other people in the world that have this problem because its annoying when at home my Blood pressure is 110/60 with a 50 pulse but when its going to be documented it elevates like crazy. good luck

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Blood pressure test at reception battalion??

              Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
              You missed the point of my response. You were sent home so you could get a second opinion on your blood pressure results not sent home with 'a kind of a waiver'. Either a person gets sent home so their recruiter can acquire a waiver or not. There is no 'kind of a waiver'.
              I'm following now. I thought you were saying that you either get sent home and wait for a waiver or you get a go the same day at MEPS but your last post clarified your point well.

              regards!

              Comment

              Working...
              X