X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reception Question? (kinda Long)

Not sure if you guys can answer this but its worth a shot. OK for a wile now When I would get Nervous, Angry, Excited, ECT.. my Chest and upper arms will break out in a Splotchy red rash looking stuff, It doesn't itch,hurt or whelp up it just turns red and goes away when you calm down and my mom is the same way. Well today I went To A Navy base to get checked to see if I'm allergic to Penicillin and before we could even get started the Doc noticed how my chest was doing this and he asked why and I explained to him, Well we continued on with the prick and scratch test and it came back negative and he said he's 95% sure I'm not allergic but we could not do the Oral challenge (take amoxicllin/penicillin) because of the rash which is fine Ill take the 95% chance. I don't Like the doctors so that's probably why it happened today. He proceeded to tell me That I shouldn't really worry about the penicillin shot at reception but more about me getting possibly discharged for this Splotchy redness on my chest. I personally Don't think it will be that big of a deal if they notice and I explain to them why this happens but still it scares me that something as petty as this could get me kicked out. My question to you guys is what do you think they will say or do and do if It ends up happening at Reception? do you ever really Take your shirt off in front of them? Also do you take your Blood Pressure at Reception? Thank you Everyone

Re: Reception Question? (kinda Long)

Reception or MEPS? Because reception means you've already shipped out, it would take something serious to get DQ'd at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Xalyx View Post
      Reception or MEPS? Because reception means you've already shipped out, it would take something serious to get DQ'd at that point.
      Reception, I ship out to Fort Leonard Wood Late this Month, And That's what I thought but the DOC today kinda made me nervous even though in my mind it would not seem like that big of a deal. I was just looking to see what you guys thought about the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanders904 View Post
        Not sure if you guys can answer this but its worth a shot. OK for a wile now When I would get Nervous, Angry, Excited, ECT.. my Chest and upper arms will break out in a Splotchy red rash looking stuff, It doesn't itch,hurt or whelp up it just turns red and goes away when you calm down and my mom is the same way. Well today I went To A Navy base to get checked to see if I'm allergic to Penicillin and before we could even get started the Doc noticed how my chest was doing this and he asked why and I explained to him, Well we continued on with the prick and scratch test and it came back negative and he said he's 95% sure I'm not allergic but we could not do the Oral challenge (take amoxicllin/penicillin) because of the rash which is fine Ill take the 95% chance. I don't Like the doctors so that's probably why it happened today. He proceeded to tell me That I shouldn't really worry about the penicillin shot at reception but more about me getting possibly discharged for this Splotchy redness on my chest. I personally Don't think it will be that big of a deal if they notice and I explain to them why this happens but still it scares me that something as petty as this could get me kicked out. My question to you guys is what do you think they will say or do and do if It ends up happening at Reception? do you ever really Take your shirt off in front of them? Also do you take your Blood Pressure at Reception? Thank you Everyone
        MEPS is the only time you'll ever be required to take your shirt off. If you've made it past MEPS with no red flags, then you're good to go. During the course of your training you will encounter a number of soldiers with a plethora of skin irritations, heat rash being the most common, and they continue to train anyway. If your rash is something that generally appears and goes away due to anxiety, then don't worry about it unless it causes pain and discomfort while you're training. If it does, then you may have to get it checked out at sick call while you're downrange. At any rate the nurse or doctor may issue you some kind of topical cream and/or pain medication but this will not get you discharged. Nevertheless, don't go running to sick call flashing your chest everytime you have a flair up or you'll prolong your training time. Main thing is you already know what the deal is so, don't go poking around doctors offices if you don't have to or you'll run across that one nurse or doctor that may have heard about you from somewhere else (yes they do talk about 'that guy' in the office in order to give other medical personnel the heads up)--they make give you what you're trying to avoid: DISCHARGE.
        Last edited by VICEROY06; April 4th, 2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Yea I have no plans on going to sick call unless I Absolutely have to. Thanks For your Help.

Comment

Reception you get a few shots, so they'll see your upper arm. As far as getting kicked out...there are a few ways to deal with it...

1. Blame it on the doc

2. Say you have no idea wth it is

3. tell them the truth. Of course this is the..army logic way (integrity), but a lot of them don't have integrity either (they kick you for reasons you shouldn't get kicked for). So the choice is yours.

My buddy joined the guards. He has a bad heart problem and lied all through MEPS, got shipped to reception, and they caught it. He was a hold over until about halfway through the initial BCT.

Worse case scenario: You're a holdover for a month, and you get paid for it. Tehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Clunky91 View Post

My buddy joined the guards. He has a bad heart problem and lied all through MEPS, got shipped to reception, and they caught it. He was a hold over until about halfway through the initial BCT.

Worse case scenario: You're a holdover for a month, and you get paid for it. Tehe.
              Actually, here's the worst case scenario:

Punitive Articles of the UCMJ

Article 83—Fraudulent enlistment, appointment, or separation

“Any person who—

(1) procures his own enlistment or appointment in the armed forces by knowingly false representation or deliberate concealment as to his qualifications for that enlistment or appointment and receives pay or allowances thereunder; or

(2) procures his own separation from the armed forces by knowingly false representation or deliberate concealment as to his eligibility for that separation;

shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Maximum punishment.

(1) Fraudulent enlistment or appointment. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 2 years.

(2) Fraudulent separation. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 5 years.

And/or:

You sit around in the reception battalion for two or three months doing the same thing: Sit around in your ACU's and get called a chit bag all day and night--7 days a week--by everybody in the battalion over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. You're forced to keep the barracks and the latrine clean and be the butt of the cadre's jokes they tell to everyone else in reception over, and over, and over again. Whenever a cycle of guys ships downrange you're left behind. You have to pack all your chit up and either move to another bunk or another bay because you have to make room for however the schedule has been set up for incoming trainees again...and again....and again...and again. So, basically, you help incoming guys get ready to ship downrange and you have to be ready at moments notice for anyone in the cadre to send you on some dirtbag errand over, and over, and over, and over--7 days a week. You watch those guys that just came in get used to their gear and basically get oriented into military life, then when they day comes for them to ship downrange they laugh at you as they board the bus. An hour later...here comes the next battalion of new guys......seven days a week.

I've come across guys that were stuck in reception because they lied about a documented serious health issue. 'But it was way back when I was 12 years old'. Doesn't matter. If it was serious enough for a doctor to document it and prescribe medication or surgery for it, then it matters. I've seen guys have their shoelaces taken from them and put on suicide watch because they lost their minds while waiting to be sent home and discharged. They're told one day that they'll be shipping in 2 weeks, then when 2 weeks rolls around they're told something else is holding up the process.

No amount of money is worth all that garbage.

Comment

I hope they wouldn't make that big of a deal if they saw it but who knows. I will probably just get a good sun tan before I ship because I heard that helps conceal it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanders904 View Post
                  I hope they wouldn't make that big of a deal if they saw it but who knows. I will probably just get a good sun tan before I ship because I heard that helps conceal it lol.
                  They could care less about skin irritations, hives, simple junk like that. It's the contageous skin problems that will get you red flagged.

Comment

Roger that, Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X