X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLW questions

My ship date is getting sooner and sooner and I have some questions about training for 12B OSUT. A few of my questions are for the pt test, are the push-ups all the way to the ground and locked out up top, or 90 degrees then locked out? Also how is the sit-up portion taken, does someone hold your feet? How is it at FLW to shoot an expert? What will get you noticed to be a platoon guide or guidon? How will the weather be from June to October? Is there a a chance of airborne slot? Thanks to anyone that can answer my questions!

Re: FLW questions

A few of my questions are for the pt test, are the push-ups all the way to the ground and locked out up top, or 90 degrees then locked out? You have to break the "plane" in the down position and lockout your arms in the up position . Also how is the sit-up portion taken, does someone hold your feet? A fellow recruit will hold your feet. You body has to break the 90 degree line in the up position and your legs can not be father apart than 90 degrees. How is it at FLW to shoot an expert? Sorry, went to Ft Slack-son. It sucked for us. The sun was blinding us and the silhouettes matched the background. Good camo effects, bad for qual. What will get you noticed to be a platoon guide or guidon? Be squared away, score high on PT, don't be "that guy". How will the weather be from June to October? Is there a a chance of airborne slot? Possibly, but the odds are very remote at best. Unless you unit is AB. Thanks to anyone that can answer my questions!

Comment

Re: FLW questions

Originally posted by Bcutberth View Post
      My ship date is getting sooner and sooner and I have some questions about training for 12B OSUT. A few of my questions are for the pt test, are the push-ups all the way to the ground and locked out up top, or 90 degrees then locked out? Also how is the sit-up portion taken, does someone hold your feet? How is it at FLW to shoot an expert? What will get you noticed to be a platoon guide or guidon? How will the weather be from June to October? Is there a a chance of airborne slot? Thanks to anyone that can answer my questions!
      Don't worry about PT. Your instructors always give a set of instruction prior to the start of a PT exam as well as a demonstration. A battle buddy always holds your feet during the sit up event. I'm here at Ft. Lost in the Woods now for AIT and I had basic here. The weather sucked major *** during qual on our weapon. To shoot expert your need to hit minimum 36 targets. That was a tough task in 5-12 degree weather and wind blowing but it should be easier now if you can stand being hot and sweating. In other words, you get what you get based on how well you listen and don't let the elements bother you. Just relax and concentrate. I had the opportunity to be phase banner, squad leader, and PG during my cycle so yes, be squared away and don't cause any trouble if you want those slots.

Comment

Working...
      X